Pitch Gauge for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitch Gauge for Christmas?

I have 3 ready to ship and there is still time to if you order before Wed Dec 20. $145 plus $12 shipping. Send me an email for details. johnrv7 at gmail.com

HI John Do you know where I can find information on outboard gear ratios in relation to prop size and propping? I read your manual and found it very helpful. Thanks Skip

Comment

• GrandpaRacer
      GrandpaRacer commented
      Editing a comment
      I only know that the racing engine gear ratios are in the APBA specs, but I don't know where to find other motors. You could get some one to help you and count the number of turns on the flywheel to get one turn on the prop.

Originally posted by skip baker View Post
    HI John Do you know where I can find information on outboard gear ratios in relation to prop size and propping? I read your manual and found it very helpful. Thanks Skip
    Skip,

If you are asking about the racing motor gear ratios they are: OMC A, Mercury, Sidewinder and Hot Rod for the J, AX, A Stock and B Stock classes are 14:19 or 73.6%..... The power head turns 19 times and the prop turns 14 times.

Yamato 102, 302 and 321 are 14:15 or 93%. The Yamato 80 is 14:16 or 87.5%.

There may be some general information about gear ratios and propeller sizing but it may be only for outboards with the prop ‘Buried’ deep in the water...... Whereas we are running our prop shafts relatively close to the bottom of the Boats.

Hope this helps.

And, by the way these propeller pitch gages are very high quality and accurate.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• skip baker
      skip baker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Dean I am looking for information about gear ratios and prop sizing . I have A Mod and A Stock. I know propping but interested in getting deeper into it. Skip
Working...
X