Yamato 80s for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamato 80s for sale

Orange cowl motor was built by Steve Dunn, is .020 over and has 4 (2 weekends) races on it. Blue cowl motor was built by Jerry Davids Sr., is standard bore and has 20 (10 weekends) races on it. $1700 for both motors or may be willing to separate. Call or text 252-876-3961

Comment

Comment

Comment

still available

Comment

great Christmas presents!

Comment

Bump.

Comment

So I am not an engine builder...the Steve Dunn built motor is .015 over not .020 over.

Comment

bump.

Comment

Yamato motors are a good investment. I purchased a lot of y80s for $425. Built to last. You can't find a better motor. You can up grade the ingnition system now, making it more dependable. We have 5 y80s and are in the process of converting to electronic ingnition. This is the motor of choice in the NBRA Novice class. With a resitrictor the motor goes. around the same speed as the Mercury 15 or AX speed for half the money. Doc Miller

Comment

• Flatiron
                      Flatiron commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So if I understand you correctly these 2 engines are worth about $850 ? I'll take them

• ZUL8TR
                      ZUL8TR commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Would that be with the Nova II's for electronic upgrade? I have a Y80, bought in 78 and raced in APBA 20ssh that was probationary class in 78. Recently tried the Nova's, mounted them outside (from heat and for good ventilation on left side(looking at carb) just rear of the reed manifold and wired up thru the mag handle. One thing noticed when set with a timing light turning over engine with a drill at 400rpm that setting advanced a lot when the engine was running and checked with a timing light at about 4000 revs. If you do the Nova's check with engine running at higher revs and figure what to do? Others have reported Nova's failing (Grandpa racer for one). Went back to OEM points for now .

Sorry , I purchased the motor soon after they first came to America, around 75. These motors are still raceable after 35 years. A new 321 will go for along time.

Comment

These motors are fast ,I've been out run by both of these motors!!! Casey keeps his race equipment in Top Nouch shape..Also looks like APBA is going to allow the Y 80 in the B classes..

Comment

Anybody know what changes were done to the Y80 in Japan factory from start in 1974 to end 1979 ?
                        The engines here for sale serial #'s indicate 1979 manufacture.
                        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

to the top....one last time...

Comment

Working...
                            X