2014 Davids Motorsports 500MR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Davids Motorsports 500MR

One of the fastest 500MR's around (not the one I blew over at Constantine)It is fully rigged with slide throttle/pipe combination or I can add the original pipe puller, but once you drive it this way, you would never go back to the puller.The paint is Dodge Hellcat black pearlcoat with my cost of 1300.00 and all decals.Just add your number and go racing.I have the fin, just not on it!I can be reached at 770 294 6154 to answer any questions regarding this boat. I have it for sale for 2500.00 obo. This is a super fast 500MR!

Rick, we have room for one more boat.

Comment

I emphatically agree with Herb about sliding the throttle to slide the exhaust pipe(s) compared with just using your hand grip on a pull lever. I learned this the hard way on Onondaga Lake in Syracuse in 1979 at 90+ mph.. After leading the race for 2-1/2 laps, my pipe-pulling hand fatigued, and 2 boats passed me b4 the finish. With a sliding throttle, you can put your entire shoulder and body behind keeping the pipe(s) pulled up.

The only other decent alternative is with foot-pedal control in a prone (lie-down) boat.

​What little I can see of Herb's sliding throttle looks a lot like mine, made years ago by Tom Harden, Malcom's father. Tom made several, I don't know how many. Mine was set up for the little Koenig throttle (it still is). But it could've been adapted to the bigger Keller throttle.
      Last edited by dwhitford; 10-31-2017, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• DiGia54D
        DiGia54D commented
        Editing a comment
        This is a CMR... if someone cant pull the pipe with 2 fingers something is seriously wrong.

Still for sale, hard to believe! Half the price of a new one plus professional paint job!

Comment

Working...
      X