Okoume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okoume

Anyone have any idea where I get good okoume plywood close to Nothern Illinois. Looking 6mm and 4mm

I have a few sheets around. Out of Rockford. I think you helped me put my boat in trailer at Depue. 815-990-6455

Comment

If you 'Google' ..... 'Okoume Marine Plywood'..... Several suppliers come up. I have bought from Edensaw and Chesapeake Light Craft. The best quality is called Joubert BS 1088. They will ship.

Stay away from stuff that comes from China. Apparently a manufacturer can claim to be BS 1088 but they don't actually manufacture to that standard.

But if you can buy locally from another boat racer that would be more convenient.

The two marine standards are BS 1088 and BS 6566....... BS 1088 being the best. Do a Google search on each of these and you will see the difference.

Good luck on your project. What class of boat and what design are you going to build??
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I think I have 2 sheets of 4 mm and 1 1/2 sheets of 6mm

Comment

Racer. V-24. Call me. I have a offer for you

Comment

Homestead Hardwoods in NW Ohio near Clyde Ohio, has both and it is the Joubert. Where I go
            David Everhart S52
            David Everhart S52
            Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Working...
            X