Wanted: Circa 60's/70's J hydro or runabout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Circa 60's/70's J hydro or runabout

I am the curator of America’s Car Museum in Tacoma Washington and I need your help. americascarmsuem.org

We are working on an exhibit, which will feature vintage youth toys and sporting items from 60’s/70’s. The items will include period go-karts, Schwinn “Krate” bikes, mini-bikes, etc.

We are also looking to include a nice original, or restored, J hydroplane, or utility with engine and, if possible helmet and jacket.

With an annual attendance of about 150,000 the boat will get tremendous visibility, which certainly can't help but to generate interest in our sport.

Please respond if you are interested, or know anyone who might be interested, in loaning the museum a nice boat for the six months the exhibit will be open.

Thank you...Scot Keller
    sigpic

Scot Keller
    45M

Scott - try calling Dave Williams at the Hydro Museum in Auburn, WA - he may have what you are looking for... I'll talk to him tomorrow (Seattle Outboard Assn is running a race at Henley's Resort at Silver Lake in Eatonville, WA this weekend - you are most welcome to stop by and enjoy the races - down Hwy 7).

Comment

• Scot Keller
      Scot Keller commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Shane. I have already spoke to Dave about the exhibit. He's helping us out with a couple of small things but we have yet to identify a boat.

To Scot Keller,

What is the date / dates for the exhibit?
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Scot Keller
      Scot Keller commented
      Editing a comment
      Dean:

The exhibit opens in mid-setember and runs six months. We are flexible if the owner wishes a shorter duration.

Thank you, Scot

I have a REAL Craig*Craft 60J hydro, unrestored. However I do not have a spare engine. Craig believes it was one that he built for the Shuman's in the 70's.
    Contact me at JDub47R@GMail.com

Comment

• hshawwpba
      hshawwpba commented
      Editing a comment
      Just talked to Mike Jones he has a complete outfit fully restored that can be used if someone will take the time to help Bob Johnson get the stuff to the site and set up.

Howard
      contact me at: mrhshaw@comcast.net

• Scot Keller
      Scot Keller commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, JW. The boat sounds terrific. Do you have any idea where we could find a period motor? I really want the display to be complete. BTW, If you've never been here, I would enjoy meeting you and showing you the museum.

• Scot Keller
      Scot Keller commented
      Editing a comment
      Howard: Thank you for for the tip. I will send you an e-mail. sk

I have a few 60J props, 2 by Joe Price, 1 is a Lockhart. Does Mike have a prop with his engine?
    Dale Powell Jr.
    Palmer, Alaska

Comment

Working...
    X