WTB - Filler Block for Cornpopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB - Filler Block for Cornpopper

20170803_110125_resized.jpg I have a Mark 25 Hurricane block (811-467) where I need a filler block for a cornpopper. The current filler block I have does not fit correctly. I was told I had the wrong filler block for this block. Any help would be appreciated on identifying what I need so I can put this motor together.

Coady
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cpizze1; 08-03-2017, 08:11 AM. Reason: pictures added

http://store.aeroliner-boats.com/epa...oducts/A-29507

Go to this page in our web store. We have both styles of filler blocks.

Comment

• dwhitford
      dwhitford commented
      Editing a comment
      I was going to recommend David VanWeel here, but he beat me to it! I recently bought one from him for a similar Mark 25 project. The part I got from him I'd describe as ''factory original rough casting'': perfectly adaptable, but requiring a die grinder and a lot of filing to get it to fit.

Compared with the two conversion Mark 20Hs that I did in 1959, the 20H Conversion pieces were what I'd call ''semi-finished'', requiring only quite a bit of rough round rasping (and some high-temp epoxy!) to fit them.

But be advised, you'll not get any sort of ''drop-in'' part. Any sort of filler block is a specialty item and will require considerable one-time work to get it to fit well to your specific cylinder block, to which it will then be mated forever.

Where in the world did you ever get that padded cylinder block that appears in your query photo ??
      Last edited by dwhitford; 08-03-2017, 08:37 PM.

I have one of those Mk 25 padded blocks for sale with case.

Comment

Thanks for the help....working with David now.

Comment

Working...
      X