Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydro Rear Cowling

Here is that "extra insurance" item that keeps your carb(s) from being inundated with water from a nearby rooster tail wash down in the heat of competition. This rear fairing was hand laid up by Denny Payola for his C-mod hydro. I cut the height down a bit and added a clear top shield (removable) to better view the starter pulley when cranking up the motor. The fairing has flotation strips on the interior and a removable intake spray screen (orange panel in photo) for severe "hose downs" from an over-zealous competitor who wants to put your fire out or a bad judgement call in an inside move around a corner (been there, done that -- LOL!)

The fiberglass fairing is designed to fit inside a 16-inch width rear cockpit area between the combing sides. You use a pin in one of the two front pivot pin holes and two custom-made, L-shaped wooden stop brackets in the rear near the motor (that you fabricate for your hull and motor type.) The high quality paint coating is a lime-yellow urethane from Europe that was developed for heavy duty construction equipment in the US (Oshkosh). It is really a tough and durable paint. The small square hole in the front screen was for my pipe puller cable (which could also be used for a throttle cable, if applicable.)

I want $300 via a USPS Money Order for the fairing plus USPS shipping costs, or cash and carry if I sell it locally to a racer. The fairing is light weight and in great shape (no cracks.) I used it two racing seasons, as shown. Thank you for looking at my ad.

Al Peffley
    Cell: (206) 406-4996
    Email: ExcaliburRacer@gmail.com

Re: Hydro Rear Cowling

Bumping up to same page as other equipment sale.

Comment

Working...
    X