Yamato for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamato for sale

I have what I think to be a Yamato 202D. I think it's only legal for OSY400. The engine is complete, I confirmed that it has points and a 9/16" prop shaft and it comes with a folding steering bar. It has a scratch and small dent on the starboard side of the exhaust housing that can be seen in the picture. I put some fuel in the float bowl, tickled the primer and it started right up and sounded strong. $1500 neg 631-827-9037
    Jason

Does it have a D or E stamp on the side of the motor???
    Tom

Comment

• GrandpaRacer
      GrandpaRacer commented
      Editing a comment
      What is the difference between D and E? DO these have the long or short tower?

• JP53-N
      JP53-N commented
      Editing a comment
      The only letter I see is a Z stamped on the starboard top side of the tower. Where should the letter be stamped?

• ricmontoya
      ricmontoya commented
      Editing a comment
      Model E has the same short tower as a 302.

I think the D has points and the E has electronic ignition. I haven't a clue about tower length.
    Jason

Comment

It appears to be a D, Tower housing is definitely a D. Need a pic of the starboard side of the crank case without the carb cover on to confirm the power head ID. A pic of the rear of the gear case to confirm gear case ID. Both D & E motors have points, the E motor has double condensers for each cylinder.

Comment

• ZUL8TR
        ZUL8TR commented
        Editing a comment
        Ric when will your site be fixed?

• ricmontoya
        ricmontoya commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the website got hacked by the ransom virus. I got calls from random companies offer to fix it for $$$. My website manager is busy with a big contract. We did talk last weekend about what's next.

Thanks for chiming in Ric. Here's the pictures you requested to help in engine ID.
      Jason

Comment

Any bites before this joins the antiqueers pool. The price is NEGOTIABLE.
        Jason

Comment

Yup, it's all a model D.

Comment

Get this thing out of my garage $950 gives it a new home.
            Jason

Comment

I was hoping that someone would have gotten this engine back on the water, but it doesn't look hopeful.

I'll part it out if there's enough interest in parts. Contact me with any inquiries.
              Jason

Comment

SOLD to a racer.
              Jason

Comment

Working...
              X