Steering rope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering rope

Looking for the rope style steering cable.
    Thanks,
    Wesley Hammond
    905-442-5402

Did you try Portage Bay systems? I think it is .40 cent per ft.

Comment

Try West Marine or Brown Tool & Machine

Comment

I use this place. Good prices and quick delivery.

http://www.onlineropestore.com

Comment

I think Andrew Fralick had some Wes.

Comment

Annapolis Performance Sailing- http://www.apsltd.com/

Lots of selection - you'll want 4mm line (3/16) - APS has great selection/comparison chart for different manufacturers. Sailing lines are exceptionally strong lines and zero stretch. Also found their prices can't be beat - will match price if you can find a lower price.
            Last edited by Shane_B; 05-04-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I ordered mine from West Marine. New England Rope single braid Dyneema, 3/16" (6,050 lb breaking strength). 0.79 cents per foot. Works great.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/new-e...79?recordNum=3
              Dane Lance
              700-P
              CSH/500Mod

Comment

Is there a reason for using the rope over the coated cable? Or just personal preference? Just wondering.

Comment

• Shane_B
                  Shane_B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  braided line with kevlar (or comparable materiel) core much stronger than coated cable. Also wears better (coated cable vinyl cracks) plus more flexible... color options also a benny.

• Ram4x4
                  Ram4x4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Since switching I've noticed the rope makes steering easier even with the same tightness in the set up. The rope makes the sharp turns around the pulleys easier than cable. Make sure to use dyneema or spectra so there is very, very little to no stretch. There is a tiny amount, which serves to soften the harshness of the steering too, but not enough to notice any handling differences.

Don't use nylon or anything that stretches. Dyneema and Spectra is extremely strong and abrasion resistant. My powered paraglider uses dyneema lines and they're only a couple millimeters thick, but holds me, the motor and cage up to 6+ G's without issue (but there are quite a few lines).

• STEVE FRENCH
                  STEVE FRENCH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Also about 1/2 the weight

Thanks for all the help, ive found sone rope, that will look and work awesome

Comment

Working...
                X