OMC Mod-50 B&C FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMC Mod-50 B&C FS

Like new (dyno time only), fully ported, standard bore (3.030") FR-19S pressed sleeve block, straight in 10-port crankcase, manifold modified with 12-petal NOK looper reed cages (factory 10 ports also included). Take up flange welded reinforcement. Includes a new alcohol cylinder head and 17-4 SS fasteners. $2K OBO includes shipping within the contiguous USA.

Also available as a long block with new internals. Or, as a turn key powerhead with aluminum flexplate flywheel, carbs, ignition, etc. You can buy parts or assembled.
    Last edited by Tim Kurcz; 02-24-2017, 07:54 PM. Reason: Updates and OBO

I'm assuming you sold this.???..... I don't know how I missed it... I have been wanting a mod 50 for my Kennedy Kraft... Do you know of any others available ???

Comment

Hi Boatbuilder41,

It was only a block and crankcase; not a whole engine. You might check with Greg Jacobson at SeaWay marine, or post a wanted ad if you're looking for a complete FR19S. You might have better luck overseas, though: The class was much more popular in the UK and western Europe than in the USA.

All said if you're looking for a 49.9 OMC mod engine with custom mid and 45SS gearcase, I can build you one any time.

Tim

Comment

I may get with you in a couple weeks.. I got a 14 foot Kennedy Kraft that I run a 49.9 on now.. it's a standard long shaft with a home made nose cone and hydraulic jack plate. Im trying to get away from using the jack plate.. it has me way off balance. And with the motor being long shaft.. when I jack it up with my prop shaft where it needs to be ...my center of gravity is way to high .... I had to take a break from it for a while.. I blew it over in febuary and I'm just now getting where I can sit in the boat again without shaking it off the trailer..... I would love to have a short shaft with a good lower unit. . I don't know if your familiar with the hulls.. it's a 1970 14foot Kennedy Kraft.. .. ... The boat weighs 206 lbs ... .. . My daughter and I just redone the boat again.. I would like to get it right this time.. she is graduating this year and the boat is her graduation present.. I just need it to be safer... I believe I just need a safer setup with solid mounts and short shaft... . I'm sure you will be hearing from me in the next week of so.. I got a boat I have to finish for C.g. inspection and stability test .. so it will be in a couple of weeks...thanks...

Comment

• Tim Kurcz
          Tim Kurcz commented
          Editing a comment
          Never heard of the Kennedy Craft, but it's an attractive hull, and at 206 Lbs, very light. You definitely need a short shaft, and should consider deleting the jack plate to save weight. Reply anytime you're ready.
      Working...
      X