Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quincy A Looper/Flathead

Quincy A Looper

I wanted to put this out to the collectors first before I put it on EBay. This is definitely one of my most detailed restorations I have done so far. I have built this engine on “Live Mode”, because I don’t care who you are, you WILL NOT win the 250cc Nationals with this engine! However it will be a lot of fun to make laps with and still nice enough to display.

- Completely rebuilt from top to bottom
    - Custom Magneto that has only two lobes so there is no “Waste Spark” potentially damaging the coil
    - Mercury A/B Lower unit with 16:21 gears
    - Carter “Floatless” Carburetor
    - Powder Coated “Stick Tower” and Mercury Clamps

I intend to have it completed and started this weekend with video of the engine start. Also I have powerhead assembly photos I can post later.

Email me with any questions at JDub47R@GMail.com
    20170221_200739.jpg20170221_200811.jpg20170221_200904.jpg20170221_200947.jpg20170221_201002.jpg

Cool...........
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Gas & oil or Racing fuel??

Comment

Originally posted by runabout333 View Post
        Gas & oil or Racing fuel??
        ​Methanol.

Comment

• hshawwpba
          hshawwpba commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like Bob Gerkies motor ???

• Black Sheep
          Black Sheep commented
          Editing a comment
          Not this one. Bob's engine had enough bracketry to hold the Thunderbolt ignition on it to be recycled for tank armor... I do have a B with your Brother In Law's Name, Address, and phone number scribed on it!

sent you a pm

Comment

Powerhead build pictures:6-18-13 cleanout 032.jpg6-18-13 cleanout 033.jpg6-18-13 cleanout 067.jpg6-18-13 cleanout 069.jpg6-18-13 cleanout 034.jpg

Comment

Remember sitting in your dads shop and looking at the Quincy engines ... wishing I had one. Would love to have a new Karelsen round nose, fabric deck hydro to hang this off of. Send me a text message. This engine belongs in my shop!
            Untethered from reality!

Comment

Dr. Thunder,

I would LOVE to find my Dad's Karelsen to hang his Looper on too. I have considered building one some day as a throwback. Then all I would need is a 2000 sf shop to display that, his A Runabout you gave our family, Howard Anderson's F Runabout, Walin's Kilo Boat, and the rest of the stuff I have collected...

Dads BOH.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Black Sheep View Post
                Dr. Thunder,

I would LOVE to find my Dad's Karelsen to hang his Looper on too. I have considered building one some day as a throwback. Then all I would need is a 2000 sf shop to display that, his A Runabout you gave our family, Howard Anderson's F Runabout, Walin's Kilo Boat, and the rest of the stuff I have collected...
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]n453598[/ATTACH]
                Get ahold of Ed, I'm sure he could give you the measurements.
                sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Dwhitford..........What year did you have Walt do the porting on your looper? Might have been one I did when I worked for him......

Comment

• dwhitford
                    dwhitford commented
                    Editing a comment
                    1967, spring, I think.

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
                  X