1950's SID HORNET DU PLANS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950's SID HORNET DU PLANS

CANT BELIEVE SOME BOAT BUILDER WOULD NOT BUY THIS PREMIUM SITKA AT A BARGIN PRICE ?? I COULD ARRANGE DELIVERY TO JESUP OR TABOR CITY IF YOU PAY FOR MY GAS !!

ATTENTION: All of you fans of a DU Hornet. You can now build your own with plans that I have lofted from scantlings, pictures and Sid catalogs. I also have full size frame patterns glued to cardboard, Deck beam and Knee ply patterns, and multiple construction photos, material lists, building hints and jig building plans. The photos are of a prototype built for Jerry Wienandt. I was going to build one for myself to race in DU Classic racing division but Health (Knee) prevents me from doing so I am selling my original plans. Jerry for same reason, (Foot), sold the prototype to a guy in Texas. I am also throwing in for free my set of Hal Kelley’s Airborne 11 and my drawing of expanding it to DU size. Many of the Airborne’s features were used by Sid Craft such as the I beam construction, Transom Knee Placement, and the boat bow profile. Hal also has several sketches which are very helpful in building a Hornet. My price for all of this is $150 plus freight for a very large box. I have over 200 man hours in this so price is not negotiable. If you pick up plans you will save the freight and I will throw in my Building jig for free. You will need a pickup truck, trailer, or a large SUV as the jig is 13’ long. I am about 4 hours from Jesup GA and a little further from Tabor City , SC.
    I also have some very good clear Sitka Spruce. It is rough 4/4 thickness, widths between 5” and 6”, and lengths between 93” and 13’ 0”, no shorts. That is approximately 68 board feet. My lumber company is currently selling for $10.60 per b/f. Make offer and must be picked up. I also have high quality “Lloyds” Okume ply, Two 4’x8’sheets and Two half sheets of 3mm which sells for $72.39 per sheet. Also one 4’x8’ sheet of 4mm which sells for $63.37 per sheet. Also one ¾ sheet of ¼” which sells for $95.10 per sheet. Make offer and must be picked up. I am hoping this will be bought by a racer who will race it in Classic DU class before I put it on E Bay .
    I also have a perfect 1959 Mark 55 H, a 44 H built by Jerry Wienandt, A fully restored 1978 Stippich DSR, and several “D” 2 and 3 blade props for sale. Send me a private message on any or all of these items so I can E mail you details and pix. Thanks, Jon K Walters, Greensboro GA 30642
    Last edited by jon66w; 02-16-2017, 08:49 AM.
    Jon Walters

CAN'T BELIEVE SOME BOAT BUILDER WOULD NOT SNAP UP THIS PREMIUM SITKA AND PLY AT A BARGIN PRICE?? I COULD ARRANGE TRANSPORT TO JESUP OR TABOR CITY IF YOU PAY FOR MY GAS.

I also have some very good clear Sitka Spruce. It is rough 4/4 thickness, widths between 5” and 6”, and lengths between 93” and 13’ 0”, no shorts. That is approximately 68 board feet. My lumber company is currently selling for $10.60 per b/f. Make offer and must be picked up. I also have high quality “Lloyds” Okume ply, Two 4’x8’sheets and Two half sheets of 3mm which sells for $72.39 per sheet. Also one 4’x8’ sheet of 4mm which sells for $63.37 per sheet. Also one ¾ sheet of ¼” which sells for $95.10 per sheet. Make offer and must be picked up. I am hoping this will be bought by a racer who will race it in Classic DU class before I put it on E Bay .

Jon Walters

Comment

CAN'T BELIEVE SOME BOAT BUILDER WOULD NOT SNAP UP THIS PREMIUM SITKA AND PLY AT A BARGIN PRICE?? I COULD ARRANGE SHIPMENT TO JESUP OR TABOR CITY IF YOU PAY FOR MY GAS !!
      Jon Walters

Comment

Originally posted by jon66w View Post
        ATTENTION: All of you fans of a DU Hornet. You can now build your own with plans that I have lofted from scantlings, pictures and Sid catalogs. I also have full size frame patterns glued to cardboard, Deck beam and Knee ply patterns, and multiple construction photos, material lists, building hints and jig building plans. The photos are of a prototype built for Jerry Wienandt. I was going to build one for myself to race in DU Classic racing division but Health (Knee) prevents me from doing so I am selling my original plans. Jerry for same reason, (Foot), sold the prototype to a guy in Texas. I am also throwing in for free my set of Hal Kelley’s Airborne 11 and my drawing of expanding it to DU size. Many of the Airborne’s features were used by Sid Craft such as the I beam construction, Transom Knee Placement, and the boat bow profile. Hal also has several sketches which are very helpful in building a Hornet. My price for all of this is $150 plus freight for a very large box. I have over 200 man hours in this so price is not negotiable. If you pick up plans you will save the freight and I will throw in my Building jig for free. You will need a pickup truck, trailer, or a large SUV as the jig is 13’ long. I am about 4 hours from Jesup GA and a little further from Tabor City , SC.
        I also have a perfect 1959 Mark 55 H, a 44 H built by Jerry Wienandt, A fully restored 1978 Stippich DSR, and several “D” 2 and 3 blade props for sale. Send me a private message on any or all of these items so I can E mail you details and pix. Thanks, Jon K Walters, Greensboro GA 30642
        CAN'T BELIEVE SOME BOAT BUILDER WOULD NOT SNAP UP THE PREMIUM SITKA OR PLY AT A BARGIN PRICE ? I COULD ARRANGE DELIVERY TO JESUP OR TABOR CITY IF YOU WOULD PAY FOR MY GAS !!
        Jon Walters

Comment

CAN'T BELIEVE SOME BOAT BUILDER WOULD NOT SNAP UP THIS PREMIUM SITKA AND PLY AT A BARGIN PRICE ?? I COULD ARRANGE FOR DELIVERY TO JESUP OR TABOR CITY IF YOU PAY FOR MY GAS !!
          Jon Walters

Comment

Working...
          X