Want to buy: Tohatsu RAM50 used.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to buy: Tohatsu RAM50 used.

Looking for a nice used Tohatsu RAM50 engine. I have a hydro that needs an engine!

Happy to pay shipping!

Text or call, text is the easiest.
    616-901-9003

Tom
    Last edited by tborisch; 01-19-2017, 07:37 AM.
    Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

Ram50 engine.jpg

I took it upon myself to do a quick Craigslist search for a Ram50 engine. Shazam! Found you one still in the truck for $1,800
    ( You're welcome! )

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/5957816481.html
    Last edited by 25xs; 01-19-2017, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Wow! What a deal!! 😂

...next.
      Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

Comment

Alex Poliakoff in Maine sells them. May have a used one.. He will chime in when he see's this post.
        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Originally posted by DiGia54D View Post
          Alex Poliakoff in Maine sells them. May have a used one.. He will chime in when he see's this post.
          Alex and I have spoken, he has some strict rules about selling. I plan on racing at some point, but want to buy one first and see how it does.

Tom
          Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

Comment

• ram95
            ram95 commented
            Editing a comment
            Tom is correct. The EPA allows me to bring engines into the US under a Competition Engine Exclusion by serial number, with the understanding that those engines will only be sold a person who is a racing member of a recognized organization who intends to use the engine in competition. Simply enough, that is 'the deal'. And to make sure we have engines for the D class now and into the future, I go along with it.
            Last edited by ram95; 01-19-2017, 08:20 PM.

• Bipolarboater
            Bipolarboater commented
            Editing a comment
            The Tohatsu, yamato race enfiness, etc by EPA rules, can only be sold as race engines....dealers like Alex can only sell to registered APBA, etc current members for 'racing only".....that being said, if you want a sweet 44xs, please PM me.

I've run across a few older ads of people selling them, but they go quick. I have a current APBA racers license for stock outboard. And like I said, plan to race... just not right away.
          Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by tborisch View Post
            I have a current APBA racers license for stock outboard. And like I said, plan to race... just not right away.
            The above statement would seem to satisfy the requirements of Alex' commitment to the (rediculous) EPA requirement... Sell the guy an engine.

Comment

Originally posted by 25xs View Post

The above statement would seem to satisfy the requirements of Alex' commitment to the (rediculous) EPA requirement... Sell the guy an engine.
              He and I have spoken before and I will hopefully buy an engine.

Tom
              Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

Comment

Save yourself the possibility of buying a POS used engine and buy a new one from Alex...I've seen and rebuilt a few used Tohatsus sold to racers and they ended up spending almost as much as a new one sold by Alex...
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I would also buy a new Tohatsu if you can afford one....they seem to be fastest right out of the box. Darren is correct about used engines....some of them are ok, but others seem to have serious issues.

Comment

Working...
                  X