looking for expansion chambers for e mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for expansion chambers for e mod

my old friend phil lord bought a i believe a E mod from the late homer grimes , phil would like to purchase complete expansion chambers for motor . i believe he said it was a 650 cc mercury. if anybody has any info regarding these pipes it would be appreciated. phils tel.# is 315 714 9717 if you would like to get in touch with him. thanks chick

Wow. A name from the past; the days when Ogdensburg had a bunch of alky boats.

Comment

-that is the 4cyl 60" block from the 65hp motor, derived from the 90" 6cyl [Panther?] block.
      FE/ Emod/850mod, allows 1000cc 60" deflector blocks. They were thinking of M75H 60" motors.
      We petitioned to allow the 1100cc 66" block but was never allowed .
      Hunter never got this motor to run with his good OMC 497s,
      but it did show promise with open stacks, albeit LOUD!
      I never saw it with closed pipes, or heard of any others for that matter,
      It would take some work and time to get one to run well on closed pipes .
      Brian Hendrick, #66 F
      "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

!4 years ago on a thread called "Exhaust options " Bob Abbott said that Chick Larose drew up a set of pipes for his Emod Merc. He said he would try to find the drawings but nothing showed up.

As Arlo Guthrie said, " Wait for it to come around on the guitar ".

Comment

rumleyfips- Chick Larose and Neil are very talented as so many on here are. Hopefully your reply will jog his memory on building those pipes you mention as Chick is the one who is the original poster here.

Comment

• rumleyfips
            rumleyfips commented
            Editing a comment
            When I was 17 , Chick and Wayne were people I went to for advise . I know Chick is talented but I only knew Neil as a little kid.

• rumleyfips
            rumleyfips commented
            Editing a comment
            There is a picture of Chick circa 1970 on page three of " More Region 2 Stuff ".

Chick, Bonnie Aka mom and Neil are wonderful people.
          Last edited by 1100-one; 01-13-2017, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X