Mercury 1958 30H For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercury 1958 30H For Sale

1958 Mercury 30H Bought it recently to run on a D stock hydro but didn't work out. Had been in storage for many years, don't think it has many hours on it. I replaced timing belt, plugs, fuel pump kits, carb kits, fuel filter, water pump impeller, foot bearings and seals. Ran great after replacing parts. Engine is complete. Also comes with spare engine block, top and bottom engine cowls, chrome wrap around cover, no bottom end on spare. Two props too. I already have a Merc 44XS looking for another to put on this boat. Asking $1500.00 Cnd. My email is raqa@telus.net
    Last edited by bigkahuna; 09-07-2016, 01:51 PM.

Appears to be an orig 1956 30H according to the serial # (998641) The small batch of 30H's in 1958 ser started with 116xxx I think
    The 1956 30H serial range was 997920 thru 999919- your's is about the middle of the run-does the # on the block match?
    It has a dark block- supposedly these were stronger and did not distort the cyls when they got hot
    Also has the correct lower cowl w/the hole drilled in the rail to access the lower fuel pump screw- 55H lower pan did not have this hole
    Only thing I see missing is the MK30 wing on the faceplate

This is about as prime a restoration candidate as it gets- it's a real one- George 522-P

Comment

Hi George. Thanks for the info. I was told it was a 1958 by the local Merc dealer, interesting. Are you interested in the motor? Rod

Comment

Whereabouts are you located? I notice the price is in Canadian dollars.

Comment

Hi, I am in Nanaimo BC on Vancouver Island. I can ship anywhere. I had the motor shipped from a fellow in Detriot this spring. Rod

Comment

Rod
            I have four of them here already
            I took one to Lock Haven this weekend to try and sell but no dice
            Guys will jump all over a 55H when they pop up
            30H not so much. Doesn't bother me one tiny bit.
            My #1 favorite motor of all time.
            Stand your ground and don't lower the price. It's very rare to see one as orig as yours
            Just my $0.02
            GB

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I you still have these items for sale, would you please email me at raltavela@yahoo.com. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X