Ontario, need first hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario, need first hydro

hi, im looking to get into a hyrdo and want to know if anyone in ontario is selling a ready to go rig?

Specify what class you are looking to run and have you talked to any of the guys from TORC (Toronto Outboard Racing Club)?

Comment

• Keithhutchinson444
      Keithhutchinson444 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't plan on racing any time soon. I have a 50mph goal and want a hydro or runabout that's up the the challenge. I don't care much for comfort. Torc, iv made a few attempts but having trouble getting connected.

Andre Bergeron in Montreal has a CSH outfit for sale.

Comment

• Keithhutchinson444
      Editing a comment
      That will do the trick!

• Keithhutchinson444
      Editing a comment
      Have an email address?

• Harold8
      Harold8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Trying to get it for you.

Originally posted by Keithhutchinson444 View Post
    hi, im looking to get into a hyrdo and want to know if anyone in ontario is selling a ready to go rig?
    Where are you in Ontario & what's the imperative to go 50mph in a boat?...you can do that in a car or 20' bowrider.
    There's also a 15hp ASH hydro for sale in Montreal that'll go 50+mph, very simple and easy to manage at a cottage/leisure riding.
    Your weight is a pre-determinant for appropriate boat/motor combo for you.
    Have you been to a race? if not come out to Haliburton race August 20-21, lots to learn, many of use glad to provide more detail to suit your passion.
    Harold & I are both TORC members, can help guide you.
    Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

• Keithhutchinson444
      Editing a comment
      Bow riders are big and stupid. And you can get tickets in cars. 50mph is just a goal of mine. I want ti go fast. My current personal record is 42kmh in my old invader. Im 155lbs on a fat day and 29 years old. I suck at fishing and love the water. Since i got my first boat i began obsessing about going faster and smaller. Can a hydro and good motor be had for 2000? Love to go to that race

• ZUL8TR
      ZUL8TR commented
      Editing a comment
      https://hydroracer.net/forums/forum/m...-i-need-50-mph

Hi. I live in Ontario and Have an "A" class runabout package for sale. Does over 50 mph,. It is a Sorensen built runabout with an OMC15 motor. Motor was rebuilt with +.030 pistons, head cc"d and has run only about 20 races since then. Asking $2900 cdn dollars but that also includes a boat cart and a real good 3 blade prop. Cart and prop are worth 500.00 alone. Phone me if you want at 905-391-0022, Jack. Member of the TORC boat club.

Comment

• Keithhutchinson444
      Editing a comment
      How on gods green earth do you get that speed out of a 15hp omc?? Besides the pistons what do you have to do?

Besides looking for the boat, motor and prop, may I suggest on the side of caution you also STRONGLY consider the purchase of the proper safety equipment to protect your parts while reaching that speed on your knees. Most recreational life jackets will simply remove themselves upon impact of the water at that speed, not to mention wearing cut resistant suits as a prop does not stop spinning immediately.
    When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Working...
    X