Looking for Two NEW Wiseco Short Rod Pistons for GRM 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Two NEW Wiseco Short Rod Pistons for GRM 250

I would like to buy two new 54mm bore, domed Wiseco "Orange Automotive Rossi 125 Marine" pistons with the black coating on the skirts (last design made).
    Does anyone have two to sell me? Rex is out of stock on new, short rod 125 pistons.

Option: Two new Vertex 53.95 pistons would also meet my immediate needs if you have two to sell.

Al Peffley
    Cell (206) 406-4996
    Email team_excalibur@hotmail.com

Try Mike Schmidt. He may have something.

Dan

Comment

• Al Peffley
      Al Peffley commented
      Editing a comment
      I did check with Mike after Rex told me he doesn't have any more new pistons in stock. Mike doesn't have any new 54mm bore Wiseco or Vertex pistons left in his spare parts box. The new pistons must be domed correctly to match my 2006 heads so I don't lose compression. I believe my motor came with Vertex 53.95mm OEM pistons (David Mitchell would know.) I am sure I am not the only PRO racer still running a short rod motor. Thanks for the suggestion.
      Last edited by Al Peffley; 07-17-2015, 09:33 AM.

Al, have you tried Dennis Kirk. We run PROX Pistons in our 125 MuttMotor. 53.94 and 53.95. Domed top $80 they are cast Pistons.
    Last edited by racerv24; 07-16-2015, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• Al Peffley
      Al Peffley commented
      Editing a comment
      Dan, Do you have a part number for these pistons and are they for a Yz125 Yamaha motorcycle motor? Wow, those machined lightening holes don't have much margin between the ring groove and wrist pin hole. I would be concerned about potential piston sidewall distortion at the rpm's and exhaust heat temperature ranges we run at; however, the moly-coating (if that's the coating material) might help, and the cast pistons do run cooler.

Do you know what the top deck to dome peak's dimension is on this piston model? Cast pistons do need a tighter ring fit than forged pistons. The silica content of the aluminum alloy used and heat treating process is critical for very high rpm race motor applications. I read that lower silica content alloy pistons are less likely to fatigue and crack in extreme running conditions.
      Last edited by Al Peffley; 07-17-2015, 10:00 AM. Reason: typo

i have one vertex piston if that might help. price is $100.
    john

Comment

• Al Peffley
      Al Peffley commented
      Editing a comment
      John, Is there a part number on the box (if it is still in the box) and does it include the ring, wrist pin & two circlips?

Al

I have three weisco standard rod pistons. Call me. Bill 321-794-2519

Comment

• Al Peffley
      Al Peffley commented
      Editing a comment
      I attempted to call you today but got your voicemail. Is there a part number on the boxes for the three pistons you have?

Thanks.

Al

al
    piston and ring and pin and 2 clips are in oringinal vertex box. cant see any part no on the box.
    john

Comment

• Al Peffley
      Al Peffley commented
      Editing a comment
      John,

There should be a number machined along with the name Vertex under the dome on the inside of the piston (the Vertex rep told me that inside number is a lot number.) Could you provide me with that number? There will also be numbers on the top of the dome (like 53.95, etc.) and on the side of the piston that indicate when it was manufactured along with other factory manufacturing codes. Could you also provide the numbers etched on the dome and below the ring groove to me? I can decide if it is the same vintage as my OEM pistons. Vertex does not keep records of prior orders from Rossi here in the US. All of the records of custom-ordered piston models they have are in Italy at the factory, I'm told. I have to ask questions through the US tech rep (a nice guy) to understand the piston lot numbering system and design changes for pistons by time period. Thanks.

Thanks.
      Last edited by Al Peffley; 07-18-2015, 09:31 AM. Reason: typo

• Al Peffley
      Al Peffley commented
      Editing a comment
      I will check with the Vertex rep on Monday. 53.95 is etched onto the dome of all three of the pistons I have here.

I will check dome diamensions this afternoon

Comment

al
      only number i could find on the piston was 2123 under the dome. there was a number on inside flap of box and it was 74162.
      john

Comment

• Al Peffley
        Al Peffley commented
        Editing a comment
        The rep at Vertex is checking the numbers for me today. I'll get back to you as soon as I fond out if they can identify your piston for me.

Measured top deck to dome peak .080

Comment

• Al Peffley
        Al Peffley commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the measurement, Dan. I will compare the measurement with both Wiseco and Vertex models I have here.

Al

Let me know

Comment

Bill Tetro has the Pistons you are looking for, and yes you are the only PRO driver running short rods.
        Ben

Comment

• Al Peffley
          Al Peffley commented
          Editing a comment
          We have a several racers out here in the weeds still running short rods. Out of three spare Wiseco pistons in Bill's stock, the unmatched piston number Bill has does not match the one new piston I have and he does not want to break up the matched pair he has (that sounds reasonable to me.) So if another racer who responded to my request doesn't have what I am looking for in his spares box (I would like a pair of new Wiseco moly-coated pistons) then I will still run Vertex pistons in the motor.
          Last edited by Al Peffley; 07-20-2015, 09:30 AM. Reason: Updated comment

I have 2 new ones with rings

Neil

Comment

Working...
        X