YAMATO 18MM SPARK PLUGS AVAILABLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAMATO 18MM SPARK PLUGS AVAILABLE

Outboard Paradise now has a supply of NGK A-10N Yamato plugs. Click on the link below.

http://stores.outboardparadise.com/s...m-new-nos-nla/

Hum...........i run NGK 18 mill plugs in my Yamato's and the part number on my boxes is R8102A-10 and above it in big numbers is 6813 on the box. Buyer beware. )

Comment

R8102A-10 are for the Yamato 302. So if you are running that plug in your 302 that is correct. I guess you didn't read that these plugs are for the Yamato 80's and 102's.

Comment

Matt is correct, that is the 18mm plug that I also run in my 102's R8102A-10 stock# 6813

Comment

Guys, check your Yamato 102 manual, if you have one. It says the correct spark plug is an "A-9N". Yamato 102's always ran better in warm weather with A-10N. I ran a 102 for years. The A-9N and A-10N are for points ignition, ie, Yamato 80 & 102. This R8102A-10 is for 302's, 202's with electronic ignition. Now the reason everyone has been using the R8102A-10 is because the A-9N & A-10N plugs have been obsolete for a long time. But you can believe whatever you want and run whatever plug you want. Check your 302 parts book, it says that R8102A-10 is the recommended plug for a 302 and a 302 does have electronic ignition.

Mike DeLisa
          Outboard Paradise

Comment

Mike,
            If the new plug you have for sale is what I need for the 102 then I will buy 10, sent you my paypal info via email.
            Thanks
            Herb

Comment

Something else I forgot to mention about spark plugs. Plugs for points ignition and CDI ignition are two totally different things. When the advent of the 202 and 302 came on the racing scene, the Yamato factory totally disregarded their points motors, ie, 80's & 102's. Now, NGK made these A-9N & A-10N plugs for the Yamato outboards. Not hard to figure out, Japan vs. Japan. So, when the 302 and the 202 came out being how it is an electronic ignition and electronic ignition requires way less spark to ignite the fuel than points ignition, NGK designed a plug for Yamato's with electronic ignition. Then the NGK A-9N & A-10N became obsolete to them. So, the reason that everyone is saying a 102 runs a R8102A-10 is because the supply of the correct spark plug no longer exists. So people ran the 302 plugs in an 80 & 102. Here's the facts. A points ignition plug has to put out more spark to fire the fuel than a motor with electronic ignition. Hope this is helpful and not confusing.

Mike DeLisa
              Outboard Paradise

Comment

We need 10 pugs as well, 2209 south Main, Grove, Ok 74344 Dr. Rick Miller19187911041

Comment

Dr. Rick Miller: Forward your email address to: sales@outboardparadise.com

Comment

Mike, please send those plugs to my 4320 Laurel Grove Trace, Suwanee, Ga 30024 address , there was another address on the paypal and I did not catch it until this morning, if it already shipped call me at 770 294 6154, and I will make other arrangements to get them picked up, sorry I would call you but cannot find a #

Thanks
                    Herb

Comment

Thanks everyone, the spark plug supply is now gone. If we ever find more we will let you know. Don't forget to check out other products available on Outboard Paradise.

http://stores.outboardparadise.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X