Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic Outboard Racing Books for Sale

Historic Outboard Racing Books for Sale

Package deal on historic outboard and racing books that were owned by my father, O. F. Christner.

(1) Iron Fist by Jeffrey Rodengen, which is a biography of Carl Kiekhaefer. Near mint condition. One notation in front cover by my dad. Great book, lots of photos included.

(2) The Golden Age of the Racing Outboard by Peter Hunn, published in 2000. Mint condition.

(3) Outboard magazine, December 1960 issue. Includes article All the Race Thrills at Three NOA Championships. Lots of good photos. Good to excellent condition.

(4) Car Exchange magazine, December 1983 issue. Includes Kiekhaefer interview regarding his stock car racing experiences. Good to excellent condition.

(5) Magic Circle magazine, August 1963 issue. Includes story Packing Power into Outboards - about Quincy Welding, with photos. This story ended up on Kiekhaefer's desk and ultimately lead to Mercury (temporarily) canceling Quincy Welding's Mercury dealership and accounts. This was the Quincy Welding copy. Good condition.

(6) Mercury Outboard News bulletin, probably 1961. Includes front page photo of world record setting 60 ci Mercury outboard, record was 115.47 mph. Good to excellent condition.

(7) Insert to The Ledger newspaper covering the 1997 World Hydroplane Championships at Cypress Gardens. Lots of color photos, stories. This is the event where Rossi himself upset the competition in 350cc hydro. Good to excellent condition.

$150 + shipping for entire package.

Email me if interested at QuincyWelding@aol.com or call (941) 726-7109 and ask for Paul.

Regards,

Paul
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Original Looper 1; 03-25-2015, 11:24 AM.
Working...
X