Looking for 0.020" Over Sized 22/44 CI Mercury Pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 0.020" Over Sized 22/44 CI Mercury Pistons

I'm looking for two 0.020" over sized 22/44 cubic inch Mercury pistons to get my 25Mod engine back up and running. If anyone has anything please let me know. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket piston available in that size (Vertex, Wiseco, Sierra)? Please contact me at austinduggan@gmail.com or via phone at 248-891-5416 if you can help me out.

Thank you,

Austin Duggan, 78M
    Austin Duggan, 78M

Have you already done measurements and determined 20 over is what is needed to true it up or the oversize is still to be determined? The 22/44 pistons that I have checked are only available in 15 and 30 over.
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
      Have you already done measurements and determined 20 over is what is needed to true it up or the oversize is still to be determined? The 22/44 pistons that I have checked are only available in 15 and 30 over.

It's already been bored to 0.020" oversized. I burned a piston in it late last season and am just looking for a set of replacements.

Thank you
      Austin Duggan, 78M

Comment

Originally posted by AMod20HRacer View Post
        I'm looking for two 0.020" over sized 22/44 cubic inch Mercury pistons to get my 25Mod engine back up and running. If anyone has anything please let me know. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket piston available in that size (Vertex, Wiseco, Sierra)? Please contact me at austinduggan@gmail.com or via phone at 248-891-5416 if you can help me out.

Thank you,

Austin Duggan, 78M

Wiseco makes .020 pistons for the 22/44
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

WSM has .010 .020 .030 .040 they are cast Pistons the wiesco is forged .040 turned to std

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Dunn Racing View Post
            WSM has .010 .020 .030 .040 they are cast Pistons the wiesco is forged .040 turned to std
            Thank you all for your replies!

This might be a loaded question but are there benefits to cast pistons over forged pistons or vise versa?
            Austin Duggan, 78M

Comment

I like cast Pistons because the metal is less dense and do not swell as much as forged. At least that is my experience

Comment

Regardless of which u use u still need to machine a clearance band

Comment

Austin
                  I probably have a good used 20 over piston, call me 912-604-5118
                  Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X