Turn Fin Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Fin Bracket

Machined Components is now offering this corner fin bracket. It can be mounted in the upper most corner of the left sponson .
    Enabling you to mount the turn fin as far out as possible. I have been making these exclusively for Sorensen Woodcraft but Darrell is no longer selling hardware. So I an offering them direct. Comes exactly as pictured. Bracket, 2" diameter Aluminum washer and 5/16 Stainless Steel bolt. Mounts using (4) 1/4 diameter bolts. $32.00 ea. machinedcomp@canby.com
    Last edited by machinedcomp; 12-12-2014, 04:29 PM.
    Lee Tietze
    Machined Components
    Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Thanks Lee....as always your craftsmanship is the best !!!

Comment

What's the main advantage or need to get that fin right out ? Or is that a dumb Q

CMH. 61R
      Short Fuze Racing
      Team Darneille
      ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
      IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Steve View Post
        What's the main advantage or need to get that fin right out ? Or is that a dumb Q
        No Q is dumb.
        Slightly closer to the center of rotation in a turn, reduced fin spray interference with rear non trip chine, improved turning, testing determines advantage. Compare to when fins were on bottom and what happened when they were sponson mounted. But a longer fin is required since bracket mounted higher up on sponson back, thus more fin flex that needs to be resolved.
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Lee............is the inside of the bracket machined flat for those of us who believe in mounting the fin on the inside of the bracket for more support from flexing??

From the picture i would guess it is machined on the inside also??? Thanks Matt

Comment

• mercguy
            mercguy commented
            Editing a comment
            what kind of cheesy turn fin you using that flexes that much? Never had an issue with my Machined Components turn fin and bracket......and thats all I use.....

• Matt Dagostino
            Matt Dagostino commented
            Editing a comment
            Someone is a little grumpy today.......to me just common sense to mount the fin on the INSIDE of the bracket for more support regardless of what type of fin you are using. And i am using a aluminum fin wrapped on both sides with carbon fiber made by your new homeboy Jimmy Shane. I love Lee's hardware and have used some of it over the years!!

Thanks Carl
          Aussie Steve: ZUL8TR is correct. Mounting the bracket out to the shear line increases the mechanical advantage of the fin.
          Matt: Yes the inside of the fin is flat, so you can mount the fin on the inside as well.
          Lee Tietze
          Machined Components

Comment

• bill boyes
            bill boyes commented
            Editing a comment
            Been using this bracket for many years on all the Boats That I have built.

• Matt Dagostino
            Matt Dagostino commented
            Editing a comment
            Bill.........do they fit on a B&H CSH hull?? Sam generally has narrow sponson

Matt, there very common on that hull. The bracket is 3.375" vertical dimension.
          Lee Tietze
          Machined Components

Comment

• bill boyes
            bill boyes commented
            Editing a comment
            I little trimming is all on the A and none required on the C Hemps.

Ok it's on my list !

CMH. 61R
          Short Fuze Racing
          Team Darneille
          ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
          IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

• Aussie Steve
            Aussie Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            Part # or just corner turn fin bracket.

• mercguy
            mercguy commented
            Editing a comment
            what has taken you so long.........I've been using them for a long time.......LOL

Thanks Lee...........

Comment

I was asked to post a few pictures of the bracket installed. This is on a D size hydro
            Lee Tietze
            Machined Components

Comment

Lee With your bracket or any bracket does the fin need to be 5inches below the bottom of the sponson? New guy jeff sherwin

Comment

• machinedcomp
                machinedcomp commented
                Editing a comment
                Jeff, 4 to 5 inches is about right for a C boat or bigger. The smaller displacement classes run a little less. I try to run as little fin as possible. 4.5 inches deep but then I start narrowing the width of the fin. Just enough to get the job done. There's a lot of drag on a Turn Fin.

I'm a dealer for Machine Components HARDWARE.Have complete line in stock

for 2-3 day delivery.Call or email for quote today. 863-665-5449 tcronk@tampabay.rr.com

Comment

I have this same bracket mounted on my Sorenson DSR. Works good.

Comment

Working...
                X