Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted CSH and possibly CSR in indiana

All,

Looking to get into boat racing and originally was thinking 45sst. After research and costs I think Im going to give stock outboards a shot because of the higher level of competition (number of boats) and less of a travel to get to races. Have raced motocross for 7 years, go karts for 2 years, and now circle track cars for the last year and getting bored of it. Located in South Bend Indiana and looking to find a complete CSH or maybe even just a hull to set up over winter and have ready for next year. Hoping to find a competitive set up because "if you ain't first your last. My thinking is I'll get into a C hydro and maybe run the other stock class with it as well then if all goes well try to find a CSR as well. Let me know what you may have thats in the midwest area.

Thanks
    Craig Ponsler

Craig, A lot of the guys that you need to contact are on there way to the Nationals.. Sit tight and someone will respond to this post. A good amount of equipment in the midwest
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Hi Craig,

Welcome to our sport! Have you gotten a ride in a hydro before? If not (or even if so), and you have the day or weekend free, I would recommend attending a Racer School - there is one left in Grass Lake, MI (roughly 2.5 hours from you give or take) on the Friday following Labor Day, September 5. It's a great chance to get into a boat and get some seat time along with instruction from folks that have been in our sport for years. Check out: www.michiganhydroplane.com for our registration page. We also put a lot of value on attending the school and if interested in investing in equipment to give you some options and price points to look at.

There are a few racers very close to you in South Bend - one newer racer who recently came from a karting background and has a similar story. I've PM'ed you my contact information - feel free to give me a shout and see how we could get you set up to get a ride and look at some boats.

Best,
      Elek Hutchinson
      MHRA
      Elek Hutchinson
      36M

Comment

I have a hull for sale. It was new last year. Needs a better paint job. Fast and easy to drive, good in rough water. The driver should be no more than 200lbs. I'll price it reasonable, for a new guy. I've retired from CSH after 40 years to support the Sidewinder project. I also have a few props that would put you in the hunt. You can e-mail me at: j.runne@hotmail.com or send a pm.

John Runne

Comment

Let me no if your gonna make the trip to North Carolina to see John Runnie . I have a very good csr.boat would be great for a new guy . 1,000 completely rigged . It's a sorenson flat turner . Could post pics if interested private message me. Thanks Gary

Comment

Working...
          X