FS: Yamato 102

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Yamato 102

Have had this motor for about 7 years. The motor was raced by a guy in Florida (43-N I think was one the carb shield). He purchased it new in the 80's and raced it until about '92. It then sat in his garage until 2007 when I purchased it from him. Since we didn't have a real extensive history we has the crank bearing replaced by Cronk and went through the whole motor. I was told the bearing looked new but it was peace of mind to have known new ones in there. This seems to be a pretty fresh 102, it is standard bore and has great compression and very little to no play on the flywheel. The foot was also done by Cronk and has new bearings and SS 9/16 prop shaft. I am also including a second power head that my dad's friend scored at a motorcycle swap meet. It was a mod head and the top cylinder is toast. But if I remember correctly it has a nearly complete carb, second carb shield, and nice crank case. Also have a new uncut 12mm? head. (still has the 18mm head and I think I have a spare set of plugs)

Anyway, I know this motor is pretty fast. I had Billy Allen take my rig for a run back when I was running CSH and he saw 67.Xmph. He came back and told me he had only seen 65 all day testing and that was with half a dozen props (He was running a 302. Sorry for the name drop Bill!). And since then the motor has had very little use as I used a friends 302 for most races with my CSR.

I don't have any pics at the moment but you know what a 102 looks like I hope. I was thinking like $1,500 OBO. But I kind of need it gone so I'm considering all reasonable offers.

To those who may be curious, I am not leaving racing, but it looks like I'll have to take another season off and I want a 302 for my CSR. So I'm working on that goal.
    Last edited by Silas_53A; 02-08-2014, 08:20 AM.
    Silas Jordan
    Windham, Maine
    CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
    Sigma Nu, IN-549

Silas...what is the price of the 102?

Comment

Sorry about that. I was thinking like $1,500 OBO. But I kind of need it gone so I'm considering all reasonable offers.
      Last edited by Silas_53A; 02-08-2014, 08:20 AM.
      Silas Jordan
      Windham, Maine
      Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Bump, will listen to any offers!
        Silas Jordan
        Windham, Maine
        Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

TTT!!! Gimme some offers! would love to have a legal vehicle!
          Silas Jordan
          Windham, Maine
          Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

still for sale?

Comment

Silas, It is awesome to see a fellow brother in the boat racing family, I am a Sigma Nu as well.(Cornell University/North Ga University)I have an interest in the 102, I can be reached at 770 294 6154.Look forward to meeting you one day!
              Thanks
              Herb Lanphear

Comment

Comment

where is the motor located

Comment

Working...
                  X