For Sale: Roper 500MH/125CCH Laydown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Roper 500MH/125CCH Laydown

I am selling my Roper 500MH laydown so I can get myself a 350MH. Boat was built in the late 90's but never raced much. I purchased the boat last fall and spent all winter and spring refurbishing/restoring it. The boat has a layer of carbon fiber on the bottom up to the dashboard, a layer of carbon fiber on the outside sponson chine and a layer of carbon fiber between the two plies that make up the cockpit sides. The design and construction and materials used on this boat are first class. I think the pictures will speak for themselves.

82-3/4" afterplane
    35" wide bottom
    18" wide cockpit
    Do not know the weight of the boat right now but will be weighing it in Alexandria KY later this month.
    Laydown throttle
    5" aluminum steering hub with aluminum go-kart steering wheel
    foot petal pipe puller
    two new kill-switches
    Nydahl steering accessories
    aluminum adjustable belly ramp
    Mirrors-one of the mirrors needs fixed because the plastic cover is broken. Still usable.

I am asking $1000.00 dollars or best offer fully rigged. If you would like to buy the boat without the hardware make me an offer. No unreasonable offers refused.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jsilvestri; 09-27-2013, 06:41 AM.
    Joe Silvestri
    CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
    JH/JR

There are some photos of it in action on f.pierce williams site from dayton 2013 that are very cool

Comment

Hi Al. I do not know who built the pipe puller. It came with the boat. Ron Saxvick may know since that is who I bought the boat from. It was mounted on the outside cockpit so my dad tore it apart and revamped it to fit on the inside cockpit. While doing so, he fixed a few things on it. Not sure of the weight, I will weigh it in a couple of weeks when I take it racing in Alexandria, KY. Not sure of the length from the back of the dash to the transom, the boat is at my dads house an hour away but I could measure that for you in a couple of weeks as well. The afterplane is 82-3/4 long and the back of the dash is at the back of the sponsons so the measurement would be right in there somewhere. Boat runs well and handles great especially after we changed pipes right before the Lock Haven race. Picked up several mph's compared to when I ran it at Dayton.
      Joe Silvestri
      CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
      JH/JR

Comment

Pipe Puller

First off very nice looking rig. When looking at your pipe puller I thought of Rick Whiteacre as he used to make pullers that looked just like that as we had one in our Pro 350h.
        Rick made race hardware years ago here in Ca and did have a Roper Pro 350 boat. Just a thought not 100% but it sure does look like the one we had and the throttle as well.

If it is one of Ricks pullers he does not make hardware any longer he is in Idaho on retirement making furniture and enjoying life.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by 1100-one View Post
          First off very nice looking rig. When looking at your pipe puller I thought of Rick Whiteacre as he used to make pullers that looked just like that as we had one in our Pro 350h.
          Rick made race hardware years ago here in Ca and did have a Roper Pro 350 boat. Just a thought not 100% but it sure does look like the one we had and the throttle as well.

If it is one of Ricks pullers he does not make hardware any longer he is in Idaho on retirement making furniture and enjoying life.

Todd
          The throttle and the pipe puller were made by Rick. It's a shame he got out of the hardware business as his stuff was far and away better than anything else that was there at the time. Glad he is doing well and enjoying his retirement.......please give him my regards if you run into him anytime soon. Everything that I saw of Rick's was of the highest quality and very innovative to say the least.

Ron Saxvik

Comment

Additional Comments

Thanks for the afterplane dimension information. It's a little short for what I need in PRO when a rectangular fuel tank in the back is installed. As soon as I saw the puller and throttle lever I thought of Rick, but I wasn't sure so I thought I would ask. Someone out there has another one of those pullers in his/her shop that would be nice to purchase... Mark made wonderful boats -- many of the 1990's models are still in use and they still make podium finishes at the nationals. Have fun in Kentucky, and good luck racing.

Best Regards,
            Al

Comment

Joe, Did you ever try Dante's Merc CMH....errrr350h ...errrr 350cch......errrr 350ccmh on it?
              100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Steve, I did try the model 80 350CCM motor on it at Franklin but that was all. I probably should have tried it on there a few more times but went back to running that motor on my C-stock boat which is a little to small especially on rough water. A C-merc would work great on that boat. Have one of those in the basement, mint condition, just not enough time to run everything we have. Need my boys to get older to help me run all of the equipment. I know you have a good c-merc that would run great on the boat.
                Joe Silvestri
                CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                JH/JR

Comment

Puller

I dont want to hijack the young mans thread. I will say hello to Rick for you Ron and Al I will look to see if I have the puller and let you know via PM. I think I still have a couple of his kick out brackets and side fin brackets for runabouts.

Todd

Now someone buy this nice looking rig and get it on the water!!

Comment

I will be racing this boat next weekend in Alexandria, KY if you want to see it in action.
                    Joe Silvestri
                    CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                    JH/JR

Comment

Will be competing with this boat over the weekend in Alexandria, KY.
                      Joe Silvestri
                      CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                      JH/JR

Comment

Boat has been sold minus the hardware. I am going to keep some of the hardware and sell the rest. Items and price to come soon.

Joe Silvestri
                        Joe Silvestri
                        CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                        JH/JR

Comment

Working...
                        X