looking for 25xs filler block and expansion chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for 25xs filler block and expansion chamber

anyone have a set of used filler block and expansion chamber for 25xs pls contact me.Roy.

Hi: Not sure that what your looking for was ever made but if you come up with a second one count me in. I am well versed in the Merc 25XS motor's and my question to you is where you going with this quest?
    Mike Delisa

Comment

25xs

We have one we run C-Mod at NBRA races. I made the whole system myself. We also got rid of the heavy Merc flywheel and run a electronic ignitiom from Electromotive. New flywheel weighs a little over a pound. The Exh. ports have been raised slightly and widened. The engine is more than competitive against the mod yamatos. & Merc 4 cyl. I do have an extra filler block if anybody is interested. Its not a drop in. Has to be fitted.
      Art K

Comment

25xs

Art,
        How much for the filler and can you send me some pictures of your engine?
        Thanks,
        Mike

Comment

Hi Art:

I figured someone out there had done this, I have never seen one here on the east coast. You NBRA guys have some interesting rigs on the water. This ignition interested me. Any chance I could pick your brain for some more info and pictures? My E-Mail address is: startyourengine@comcast.net

Thanks,
          Mike

Comment

Del Snyder built a really smokin 25XS Mod a number of years ago. He made a filler block and used an old Konig converging elbow and pipe borrowed from Fred Hauenstein. I don't know what he did to the ports but he also had a removable cylinder head and plenty of compression. It would absolutely kill my championship level CMH Yamato. Of course it was kinda unfair because although both were 400cc, he had improved ports and more compression where the CMH Yamatos had pretty much a stock powerhead just with a pipe. Then APBA Mod guys stuck him in the DMH class so it wouldn't run well against the larger and heavier boats- esp in rough water. He eventually sold the powerhead to a guy in Lousiana who use it in jon boat races. Dick Engler built another that had a stock block ala 25XS but with the earlier pistons (not 25XS legal) that had more compression and a pipe. I ran it a number of times but we were plagued with a water leak in it and never got it right.

Comment

25xs mod

thats exactly what i looking for.any lead to go for those people.we have this 25hp 400cc mod class in our region. best regard roy.

Comment

Originally posted by Team B&H View Post
                Del Snyder built a really smokin 25XS Mod a number of years ago. He made a filler block and used an old Konig converging elbow and pipe borrowed from Fred Hauenstein. I don't know what he did to the ports but he also had a removable cylinder head and plenty of compression. It would absolutely kill my championship level CMH Yamato. Of course it was kinda unfair because although both were 400cc, he had improved ports and more compression where the CMH Yamatos had pretty much a stock powerhead just with a pipe. Then APBA Mod guys stuck him in the DMH class so it wouldn't run well against the larger and heavier boats- esp in rough water. He eventually sold the powerhead to a guy in Lousiana who use it in jon boat races. Dick Engler built another that had a stock block ala 25XS but with the earlier pistons (not 25XS legal) that had more compression and a pipe. I ran it a number of times but we were plagued with a water leak in it and never got it right.
                Sam,
                I believe Ron Seliwach wound up with Del's motor........I have some footage of Del run'n it at the 1998 Nationals........
                Anyone have the thread of the guy who runs a 25xd with stack on an old Jet-ski?....He has made a couple filler blocks and offered ta make a few more....

100N
                Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 03-25-2010, 08:53 PM.
                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

steve, can you post the link ... footage of del synder run at the 1998 national? regard david

Comment

Working...
                  X