Safety Gear recommondations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Gear recommondations

I know there is a ton of info available but I am more interested in personal accounts on cut suits, jackets, pants etc. What are your favorites, which if any do you hate....?

Lifeline and SRP are both high quality products for cut suits. As for helmets i've only had Bell , most i race with prefer Shoei.
    they have said the fit is better.

Comment

• Dave Cofone
      Dave Cofone commented
      Editing a comment
      I see Lifeline and SRP seem to be the go to companies. But I see there are more manufacturers out there that offer Cut Level 5 protection in other sports like speed skating, hockey etc. Since the APBA does not specify I was wondering if anyone has put together a cut suit from other manufacturers......also I am a big fan of Bell helmets, I have three. I have never tried a Shoei so I guess
      I will give one a try.

Dave, I’ve never had Bell, but my first helmet was a HJC now I bought a Shoei. I’d highly recommend Shoei over HJC...much better fit. I bought mine from bamfmoto.com and got a great deal from the owner.

Comment

I've been a big fan of Simpson helmets back from my motorcycle racing days, but they aren't cheap.

Quite a few of us are running the Scorpion EXO R410, but it isn't made anymore and the replacement model, the R420, isn't SNELL rated (and doesn't come in the hi-viz colors).

I've looked aorund a bit and it's getting harder to find a solid hi-viz color that's Snell rated.

Dane Lance
      700-P
      CSH/500Mod

Comment

I prefer SRP over lifeline, I am much more comfortable in their gear. this year I bought myself new pants and sleeves and opted to spend more money to get tuff n lite, that's the best decision I have made. they not only are a higher cut rating they also are very comfortable. and I believe comfort is important while in the boat. whatever you decide to go with just remember, you get what you pay for. spend however much you feel your safety is worth
        Ryan Brewster 57-S

Comment

• Dave Cofone
          Dave Cofone commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Ryanbrew57s. I am going to buy all brand new safety equipment. Probably everything else used but brand new on the safety. I will take a look at the tuff n lite.......

• ryanbrew57s
          ryanbrew57s commented
          Editing a comment
          get in touch with Pat Gleason, he always answers all of my questions. he answered all of mine when I was deciding whether I should or should not get tuff n lite. he can answer all of your questions about cut suits and life jackets no matter how silly they may seem
      Working...
      X