Barn doors or ramp door.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn doors or ramp door.

I see pretty much every enclosed trailer has the pull down ramp style door at the rear. Is there a reason for this..besides the obvious...? I ask because when we raced bikes we always used the barn style doors due to pit congestion. We would use detachable ramps to get the bikes out as there was little room to pull down a ramp. Are there other reasons one would use the ramp style? I am considering an enclosed trailer and my natural inclination would be the barn doors.......

When Kevin bought his trailer I thought the ramp would be the way to go but he wanted the barn doors. He got the barn doors and I was glad he did, the ramp is just something that takes up room and something to trip over. I know some people are using a cart to roll there bottom boat out and the ramp works for them.

Comment

We like the ramp style door.Easier to walk up the ramp to place the boats in their bunks,especially the top boat.To make the ramp non-slippery when wet,I added a little play sand to the paint on the ramp,works great.Also with the barn doors there are 2 more doors to secure when the wind kicks up.

Comment

Originally posted by mercsami View Post
        We like the ramp style door.Easier to walk up the ramp to place the boats in their bunks,especially the top boat.To make the ramp non-slippery when wet,I added a little play sand to the paint on the ramp,works great.Also with the barn doors there are 2 more doors to secure when the wind kicks up.
        I was going to write a comment but it is easier just to say "me too".

Comment

I would say it depends on the classes you run. If your running a 850 hydro/runabout...get the ramp. Smaller classes, sure easier to lift but one slip and something or someone is getting smashed. As for saving pit space..That ramp isnt saving much space when most of the trailers are 18+ feet and there 24' motor home is about 10' away
          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Do not forget about a 3rd option . The door that raises up .

Comment

Working...
            X