No announcement yet.

Where to find used equipment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave, You may find this Manual useful in getting started. https://hydroracer.net/2015%20Hydro%20basics.11.7.pdf
    You should know the 300ss class being sealed increases the engine cost in both the new and used market. The growing popularity of 300ss helps hold the higher prices in the used market. The exact same engines unsealed are cheaper and can provide the same thrills in the same size boats. This would be in the 20ssH, CSH, CSR and OSY400 classes, but in these classes it is much harder to finish on the podium.
    John Adams

Comment

• Dave Cofone
      Dave Cofone commented
      Editing a comment
      To be honest, I don't care about making the podium. I just ant to learn and have fun. Someone has to be the back marker.......

• GrandpaRacer
      GrandpaRacer commented
      Editing a comment
      Dave, it is an RV7 taildragger that I built and flew for 10 years. I recently sold it due to my age but loved every minute in the air. Flew it to Oshkosh 5 times from Seattle. Photo taken after the 1st flight before it was painted.
      Last edited by GrandpaRacer; 11-21-2018, 12:06 PM.

• Dave Cofone
      Dave Cofone commented
      Editing a comment
      RV-7....super cool plane and built it yourself........not easy to do nor easy to land.......I admire your abilities...

Originally posted by Dave Cofone View Post
    So where is the big Christmas catalog of used boats, engines and related equipment.....? Exactly where does a new comer find their first rig.....? It seems that it is a waiting game, until a boat, motor and trailer come along. Is the sport growing that fast that all the good used stuff is getting bought up? If I want to go 300ssh I already am in for a new engine, I don't know if I can spend a big chunk all at once to get into another hobby. If there is a secret to this let me in, if not I guess I'll wait my turn on line......
    I have a mid 90's Dawecraft that can be raced in 300ssh,20ssh and C, If your interested?

Comment

• Slow Mo 812R
      Slow Mo 812R commented
      Editing a comment
      leave me a message if your interested, pictures upon request.
      Dennis Elmore 812R

• Dave Cofone
      Dave Cofone commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the offer but I am in NJ.....

Dave Cofone
    I sent you a PM with an offer of a boat- did you get it?
    522-P

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cofone View Post
      So where is the big Christmas catalog of used boats, engines and related equipment.....? Exactly where does a new comer find their first rig.....? It seems that it is a waiting game, until a boat, motor and trailer come along. Is the sport growing that fast that all the good used stuff is getting bought up? If I want to go 300ssh I already am in for a new engine, I don't know if I can spend a big chunk all at once to get into another hobby. If there is a secret to this let me in, if not I guess I'll wait my turn on line......
      You might try here. http://store.aeroliner-boats.com/

Comment

Working...
      X