Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boat length, engine size and many more questions to come.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorewood
    replied
    I’m curious right along with Dave, with similar questions about hulls. The technical rules for stock outboard really go to weight and some dimensions for a couple of classes (trap measures for A, etc., and afterplane length for 300ssh). Beyond that there isn’t a lot to go on. My situation is I have a 102 and would like to know what type of hull is recommended. I weigh 200 and I know weight is a factor, but what are typical or optimum dimensions for a hull running a stock 102?

Leave a comment:

• Dust33
    replied
    Hello Dave,

“Minimum Required Hull Length” is more of a runabout thing as far as the rules go, but the builders can comment as to what lengths / dimensions are best suited for a particular hydro class.

For more hull & engine details, suggest starting with rules which are accessible through APBA website.
    https://www.apba.org/rules

For Stock, go to the Technical Manual, but for other kneeldown categories go directly into their category rules (for Mod (pgs 11&12), Pro (pgs 14-16), & Jr (pg 13)).

In stock tech manual, begin by looking through pages 14 - 17
    https://www.apba.org/sites/all/files...4-28-18%29.pdf

Hope this provides fuel for further questions!

Leave a comment:

• Boat length, engine size and many more questions to come.

Hello again, newbie here with another question. These outboards are the new 'thing' on my mind. Since Barbara Brink invited me to my first SO race these little boats have captured my attention. As cool as they are the number of classes is confusing to me. My experience is in inboard and Vintage. There is a minimum hull length and a maximum engine size.....simple. But what confuses me about stock outboard is what are the minimum hull lengths that are required to run a certain engine size..? I see a class C hydro can also run in the 300ssh, C and mod classes. So what exactly is the minimum hull length for a class C hydro...? What about a class B hull.....? Indulge me as I am in the learning stage, many more questions to come....I'm warning you in advance.
Working...
X