18 years ago, I was 12
      What class do you run now?
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Smitty
        Smitty commented
        Editing a comment
        Take another look, Dean; he races gheenoes.

Hey GheenoeRacer, you are getting a little ribbing at the moment, but everybody here is happy to see a new guy who is amped about outboard racing. Good photo. I sure wish I had one of me at that age, bouncing over tanker wakes in Puget Sound in my Skeeter,a little playboat of the kind now called sea fleas, built of cheap plywood from Popular Mechanics magazine plans. Anyway, welcome!!

(But what is a gheenoe??)
        Last edited by Smitty; 08-08-2017, 09:40 AM.

Never raced a boat before, I would like to start out in a class A runabout, then get a sidewinder in the future. This is the coolest thing ever! It should be more popular than it is.
      Last edited by GheenoeRacer; 08-07-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GheenoeRacer View Post
        Never raced a boat before, I would like to start out in a class A runabout, then get a sidewinder in the future. This is the coolest thing ever! It should be more popular than it is.
        It is not as popular than it should be because it is not promoted or advertised enough or at all... By the powers to be.

That is my opinion.

Cool that you want to run A Runabout.
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

A Gheenoe is a flat back canoe made in Florida. Here is I link to the boat I've enjoyed for all these years
          http://www.gheenoe.net/thirteenft.html

Comment

That is a very interesting boat, thanks for the link.

Comment

Think I can set it up and make it go? It's amaziingly stable, 15hp on it rides great. Only 130lbs and I'm 140lbs. Could be fun, lol

It's a little long and hull design is kinda weird with the strakes and keel but hey I've had it all over Florida, just last Saturday I rode through lake Kissimmee and logged 45 miles with a 9.9 merc going 20 mph and burned every last drop of a 6 gal, barely made it to the ramp

I've got a lot of pics but there too large to upload, I'll get some up soon, I really like marathon racing. Would be great if they had "middle of Florida" like they do top o Michigan

I'm building my boat factory as I type
              Last edited by GheenoeRacer; 08-09-2017, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I expect a little ribbing as I am a noob to racing, I however am not a newb to boat motors. I been a small engine mechanic since 15, im the guy that can't get himself out of his shop! Makes the wife mad!
                I've always love small outboard, the only place on the internet that talks about them in this way is hydroracer and BRF.

Even if I never get to race a sanctioned event, I will still have the fastest canoe in Florida!

Anyone here think this hull has any speed potential as a lake racer if set up properly with the 15, Race gearcase on bobs machine mini jack plate? Prop will be an entirely new topic.
                Dewald or Ron hill?

As I get into outboard racing, I'm going to set my motor up first, and buy all the rigging. I have an idea here where I'm going to cut the center seat on the Gheenoe, install an airboat seat low, rig deadman throttle and cable steering with a suicide knob.
                I know this won't be racing, since the boat is light it should be fun since this boat does 25mph with the 15 with a stabilizer fin, but after all is well I will be looking to buy or build a runabout to put my motor and all this rigging on.

Sorry for blowing up y'all s forums, Im just excited!

Oh just to clarify, the boat in the first pic I still have and is the one I'm talking about. It's just much smaller to me than it was then!
                Last edited by GheenoeRacer; 08-09-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X