Sanctioning bodies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanctioning bodies.

I am very new to the sport over boat racing. I am wondering why there are so many different groups to race underAPBA,USTS,AOA,NBRA. It sounds like each organization is desperately wanting more and new members. Why not unite and race under USA boat racing. I came from a water skiing background ,only one body USA water ski they cover all towed water sports . There is strength in numbers.

Originally posted by M Miner View Post
    I am very new to the sport over boat racing. I am wondering why there are so many different groups to race underAPBA,USTS,AOA,NBRA. It sounds like each organization is desperately wanting more and new members. Why not unite and race under USA boat racing. I came from a water skiing background ,only one body USA water ski they cover all towed water sports . There is strength in numbers.
    Hello M. Miner,

Quite simply..... It has to do with politics and differences of opinions. Each organization has it's special and unique qualities.

One common item is that we are a Boat Racing Family and we all have a passion for Boat Racing.

Welcome to our Boat Racing Family.

Best Regards,

Dean Hobart... Boat Racing Since 1962.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

The same reason many motorsports have various sanctioning organizations. One organization doesn't always fit the desires, likes, wants of everyone, so they go create their own. Sometimes, different categories or classes don't fit, or work in one organization. Sometimes its a geographic thing too. One organization might be in someone's area where others aren't. So, whichever one you join depends on various factors.
      Dane Lance
      700-P
      CSH/500Mod

Comment

Working...
      X