One day fee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One day fee?

I believe if you are not yet a member of APBA you can register at a race for a one day fee of $35....do you also have to pay entry fee for the boat you'll be driving too, or is that all inclusive?
    Dane Lance
    700-P
    CSH/500Mod

There is a one day APBA fee available (separate fees for Stock, MOD, and PRO classes) - but entry fees are separate... APBA fees are for your racing license and covers APBA insurance liability fees, admin fees, etc; Race entry fees are determined by club sponsoring the race and cover rescue divers, ambulance/medics, rental costs of site (use fees, porta-potties, dumpsters, etc.) - lots of expenses. Race entry fees are determined by the number of classes you enter - for example, $50 for first class (say 302SSH), another $35 for second class (say CSH), $20 for third class (say OSY), etc.

If you plan to race in more than one type of class (say Stock and PRO for CSH and OSY), best bet for your APBA license is to get the Super Class - covers Stock, MOD, and PRO classes and cheaper than purchasing APBA racing license for two...

Caveat - for drivers' classes, clubs normally roll up one day APBA membership with fee for drivers' class as a one time, one sum fee.
    Last edited by Shane_B; 08-07-2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

OK, let me rephrase that, lol...

A generous club member is going to let me race his 20ssh boat next Saturday at Zanesville. I'm not an APBA member yet, how much is this gonna cost me?

Dane Lance
      700-P
      CSH/500Mod

Comment

• krazy karl
        krazy karl commented
        Editing a comment
        A one day entry and APBA membership shoud be under $100. This is what we charge for a day in a NorCal Hydro in Region 11.
        kk

Originally posted by Ram4x4 View Post
      OK, let me rephrase that, lol...

A generous club member is going to let me race his 20ssh boat next Saturday at Zanesville. I'm not an APBA member yet, how much is this gonna cost me?
      (I know this post is a year old -but Im bored this morning...

$35.00 for One Day APBA membership.
      $40.00 for One Day Race Entry Fee. (varies $30 to $50)
      $10.00 for weekend local "Club Membership"
      $85.00 for one night at a motel.
      $30.00 for one days worth of food.
      --and dont forget:
      $??.00 Your auto gas to and from the racesite.
      $??.00 Taking the guy who gave you the ride, to Strip Club to show thanks for a great time!
      . .
      $200.00 approx cost for your weekend.

Comment

Working...
      X