Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Peeters, Rich Fuchslin built 500ccMH Kilo: 89.981.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Peeters, Rich Fuchslin built 500ccMH Kilo: 89.981.

So many records broken this weekend. Taking nothing away from Bob Wartinger who had made a 90 mile an hour pass the day before. With a Yamato.The master Rich Fuchslin had to step it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKvkGmtWL1c&t=12s

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...leason%20posts

Last edited by tim king; 09-26-2017, 08:44 AM.

Wow... Cool... Congratulations Rich and John... That is haulin'.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Congrads to John and Rich. Who held the Kilo Record before this one was set? And Bob still going after Records and fast as hellooooo in a yamato Great job to Bob as well

Comment

Pretty sure that was John's 11th record this year. Job well done on an incredible season!

Comment

How many does Bob have and how many does John need to catch him?
          "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Bob told me a while back that he has set well over 100 records. John being a younger man has time to catch Bob but the bar keeps getting raised.

Comment

I think Bob has close to 140...Gueedo 35ish. 11 records in one year has to be a first.

Comment

Also, much congratulations to Bob as well. I just talked to Bob and the 87+ record was set back in 2004. So that one lasted for awhile. They both had runs over 90 mph. Bob had limited testing.

There is no question that Bob is the Record King. His first records were in B Stock Hydro with a 20-H back in the 1973 time frame. First the 1-2/3 course record at Yelm / Lake Lawrence, then the kilo record later that year at Parker Arizona.

And he is still goin' strong.
                Last edited by DeanFHobart; 09-28-2017, 03:38 AM.
                sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Dean....AGREE.
                  Great to see Bob and Gueedo duel it out at D Lake. Going 90 mph in a Yamato powered CMH is crazy fast.
                  Great job to both!!

Comment

I was with Bob during the fall testing. He tested other rigs and motors but no success from July to the present. At the last minute his hope was to bring a 125 as a last resort but Darrell was ill and couldn't bring the rig up from Cal. Bob dug into his inventory pulled out a boat. picked out a motor and went testing at D-Lake on Thursday before the trials. He ran the boat about three times but the water was rough. Even so there was some information obtained and you know the rest. This makes the record race for the kilo even more amazing. Let us not forget this fact. Bob broke the 1/4 mile record as well. Bob Smiley

Comment

Oh, I forgot. Bob had one run over 91 MPH. 91.2 sticks in my mind.
                      Smiley

Comment

Those are amazing speeds. I was with Lloyd Mize when he set I think 12 in one weekend at Modesto years ago. They were all different classes and if the weather didn't hold we were headed to Florida to try. Great job to John and Bob!!!!
                        Last edited by 1100-one; 09-28-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1100-one View Post
                          Those are amazing speeds. I was with Lloyd Mize when he set I think 12 in one weekend at Modesto years ago. They were all different classes and if the weather didn't hold we were headed to Florida to try. Great job to John and Bob!!!!
                          Lloyd Mize was also a Kilo King in mainly runabout classes or only runabout classes.
                          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

If I'm not mistaken there was one year at Modesto Reservoir. That Lloyd taped on some sponsons and went out and set the hydro record.

Comment

I built Davidson's two floater runabouts, one was just under 11' the other 13'. On one weekend at Parker, with Dick & Scott driving they broke 13 kilo records. I will admit that some were “sitting ducks” and easy to break. A few years later Lloyd Mize bought the 2 boats from Davidson's. He named them Bullet & Baby Bullet. One time at Modesto Lloyd in DSR one pass was close to the record and the other direction was several miles over the record. The race committee was sure they made a timing error and disallowed that run. This was with a 55H. A few years later, Lloyd was using a 44SX for power. He had a stack puller type device to raise the pee-do tube (way before GPS) when he entered the traps. He told me that the boat got squrley when he did that, my reply was to run the boat with it in the water. In 1988 he repeated what he had done with the 55H a few years earlier. He said on one run the speedometer quit working and the boat felt slow to him. As he slowed on exit of the traps the speedometer jumped up to over 90 mph for an instance. This time the race committee allowed the run his average speed 89.383 mph, still the record.
                              Darrell

Comment

• CSR4C
                                CSR4C commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Also in 1988 Lloyd set the CMR (500ccR) record at 85.558 mph. This was with a stock 30H with stacks, he would take the stacks off and run it in CSR!
                            Working...
                            X