DePue late 90s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DePue late 90s

This is the same video just edited different. I'm just trying to see what way to edit my videos. Because Iv'e got a lot more to do. So if you at least look at the first 30 seconds . And just leave a comment saying 1 or 2. TY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKwYPxKRYcI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LQy0dOCZro
    Last edited by tim king; 02-12-2016, 09:29 PM.

Thanks for sharing Tim. I was there. Nice shot of Rucker and Howard

Comment

Listening to Ray's commentary of the race he said Bill Rucker will win with 827 points and comparing that to the results I have this video is definitely from1995.

Comment

Bill was in the blue and grwy Scovey boat. Can't remember if Billy ran as well. I know where the motor is that Bill ran

Comment

It was 1995, I was there with the late Jerry Drakes 500 equiptment.

Comment

OK Thanks guys. RJ West and I drove Bills stuff to DePue, And yes he did win 1100H . I just asked RJ yesterday when it was. He thought it was 97 however I'm going with 95. I could not even begin to tell you what a life long trip it was. lol

Comment

Here is what RJ has been up to.This is his latest boat he made. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7XoFdg4RuQ I'm not to good at this. if this don't work just look up (composite craft 300xs on utube.

Comment

I thought it was,earlier than 95 as well since Bill drove a couple of years on his own when he returned prior to teaming with Goliston and getting the capsue boat but memory not good so 95 it is. Herb -Jerry's 500 yamato still here with me as Chick and Neil Larose went through it years ago

Comment

First lap of F runabout, pink boat leads and R66 is in third; who is in 2nd in the dark boat with green numbers? Who was R66?

Comment

66 Doug Hall

Comment

I will take a shot here. Eddie Thirlby 1st, Pink boat almost positive Jim Kirts, and not sure if its Klemm in 2nd. I know one year Klemm and Kirts tangled up. In the green boat with the 6 was either Tim or Jason Diamond

Comment

If the 1100ccr video is the same year as the hydro than the results are 1st - Eddie Thirlby 2nd - Jim Kirts 3rd - Howard Anderson 4th - Gary Hansen 5th - Bradley Gesler and 6th - Jason Diamond. Tim Diamond was a dns for 3 heats and Steve Lizell and Jeffery Cirves scratches

Comment

• 1100-one
                          1100-one commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I forgot Gary Hansen that's who was running 2nd in the video. Well I got out of the c3 right lol along with the Diamonds.

Looking at other results from 1995 what catches my eye is the 25 350cch that were registered. That must have made for some great elimination heats and in the end Dan Kirts beat out Jesse Lopez by 25 points for the title.

Comment

• 1100-one
                          1100-one commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Two great racers in Kirts and Lopez. Still talk to Jesse every once on while

• racingfan1
                          racingfan1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I remember Jesse saying if not for the humidity of the Midwest he would have won a few Nationals.
                          The thick summer air made jetting the carbs the issue for him , I recall him saying.

Jets was not Jesse's issue. He didnt test much and didn't need to as he knew just what he had and so did the rest of us. That set up was originally Jeff Schmidt and he to ran it at Depue. If Im not mistaken he blew it over there one year. There is 1 more boat tgat was a twin to that boat and it belongs to Nydhal now

Comment

The boat with Gary Hansen was one of the fastest on the course that day. My son Don Rusnak was deck rider for him. He stood it up on his transom twice in turn one. The would have had a strong finish if they did not go over in turn one on the final heat. Guess three strikes and you are out. His engine was a FE Konig. If I am not mistaken in the second heat Gary and Jim Kirts got together as shown in the video coming out of the 4 th turn. I remember helping repair the side of Gary's boat for the final heat. My last words to Gary was all you had too is finish and you would be in the top three. His reply was, what do say we go for the win. Never finished that final heat.

Comment

Working...
                          X