No announcement yet.

Back to old school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for decals and then clear coat.. Nitro Methane will eat the decals with no protection.. Metallic orange and black
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Very Kool!!
      Do you build from scratch?

yes both boats are scratch built except the cowlings and wings.. Bought cowls and wings from a place in Florida.. Boat should look like this when done

Comment

Well the My Gypsy is done now so its almost time to go racing.. First race is the middle of April so now to finish Winston

Comment

That is a beautiful job. Not familiar with RC stuff but by the fin location it is a right turner, why is that?
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

The boats turn right since way back when folks first played with RC boats they had to use RC airplane motors and put water cooling jackets on the heads.. The torque of the airplane motors dictated the way a boat could turn..

Comment

Now the Winston is finished.. Just add fuel and "lets go racin boys"

Comment

wow another great job, impressive. Now I get the right turn reason, thanks
              "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
              No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

that's awesome. are those the ones they run on twin lakes in Marysville, Wa?

Comment

Just curious, why nitro & not gas?

Several of us who raced nitro back in the day have built & now racing scale Unlimiteds with modified gas Zenoah's.

Comment

They race all kinds of classes at Marysville and many times it is the scale unlimiteds.. Last year they had the NAMBA nationals there.. They also have scale classes for 1:7 scales with the gas classes and electric but I like the nitro classes which were the only ones avaliable back in the late 80's and 90's when I started.. Now to me to many options..Plus you are now talking as much to build and run one of these as an outboard

Comment

Went to second race.. Had boat problems all weekend but did see some light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

Do the two boats race in different classes?

Comment

Both of my boats are gas but they do have a electric class.. I test and the boat I test with the best is the one I will race the next day.. I could run both but it is to much work with out a team mate

Comment

Working...
                          X