Welcome to the Radio Control Unlimited Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the Radio Control Unlimited Forum

Welcome to a new addition to hydroracer.net. A forum for the posting of information relating to building, equipping scale models of the Unlimited Hydroplanes. There are quite a few clubs around the country that race these boats, some Nitro fueled and some Electric. We welcome you to our forum, have fun and enjoy.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Hi does any one know is there any one who builds laser cut wood kits for Rc scale 350 lay down hydros for nitro setup I think it would be cool to build one that resembles these boats I have been looking but not found anything any help would be appreciated David

Comment

it would be rally easy to build one yourself.. Take measurements off the real boat and scale them down.. You can get all the wood from Tower Hobbies or from National Balsa..
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

We don't have unlimited type boats but have a 50 inch weedwacker Hydro and a half dozen K&B outboards. Just incase we have a off weekend with no Boat Racin or 4 wheeler sand drags.

Comment

I used to compete in IMPBA events with these 3.5 cc tunnels.

Comment

Check these out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxQfmCeSiE

Comment

Yes if you think boat racing is expensive build a R/C jet or even the R/C hydro that I am doing

Comment

Hello still looking to build a lay down style rc version of a mod hydro perhaps a kit form or maybe if there is any Dumas Drag n fly 20 kits still around that some one just might have to sell thanks

Comment

Wow I forgot all about the drag n fly.. I made two or three of them in the day

Comment

Hi blue -sky -racer how did they perform , did they seam like pretty good kits to build man that seam to be the only kit out there that I know of that resembles them at all outboard in nitro setup like that as pretty much it just seam to be the unlimited Hydro in Rc wood kits I find ! so I though I could work one out to look like the mod hydros - drag n fly -20 or any other ideas - thanks

Comment

They worked good back in the day.. I think it would be easy to make into an outboard.. Maybe Dumas still has plans knocking around

Comment

Working...
                  X