Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using "Professional" categories to market "sportsman" racing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using "Professional" categories to market "sportsman" racing.

It seems to me that we're collectively missing one very large marketing opportunity where we could build up the sport be communicating directly to people who are already fans of the sport.

The rough idea I'm talking about here is APBA having a display including static boats/photo ops and racer school sign-up at our "Professional" category events such as Unlimited and Offshore. Perhaps at race sites with some protected area of water we could even work with event organizers to do racer schools during the race weekend. That could be a HUGE marketing and membership generator, and perhaps even a small revenue generator.

We know that these races draw "large" (for us) crowds of people that are interested in boat racing. How many of those people do we suppose have ANY CLUE that there is a form of racing that is accessible to them? I think 5% would probably be an optimistic number. We need to change this!

So, what would it take to get this done, and why are we not doing it now?
    Mike Perman 32-R

PS- Also posted on APBA social.

Should be close to something like this

JW myers took a J hydro around most the unlimited circut last year. Including 2 J hydros in Qatar (where the royal family kid was doing laps). I feel this is something that's close to your thought Mike. Your's is a step further and I like it. Seems like something APBA and H1 unlimited/ F1 prop tour, etc should be able to make happen.
    Kyle Bahl
    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

The inboards in the east have been doing that for the past three years and do run J hydro at all of there races which has brought more kids into racing.
      Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Ask Yourself

If you went to a Professional Football Game and it started at 8:00 A.M. and the fourth quarter was at dark thirty, how many fan would still be in the stands?

I'm a grass rooter racer all my life, but I have advocated that boat races say, at 1;00 the Pro Shop Starts and at 3:00 the Pro Show is over.....

The "Weekend Racer" could race before 1 and after 3, but between 1 and 3 should be our best foot forward..whatever that happens to be...

I don't know what classes should be between 1 and 3...but local event should be able to figure that out...

When I start my own organization that is how I will it..

Comment

Working...
        X