Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many automobile drivers are on your race team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many automobile drivers are on your race team?

I ask this question because driving time seems to be a major factor in determining whether or not Austin and I go to a race.

Turning 15 years old this week, he’s anxious to begin driving the open highways. But those pesky state laws about the minimum age required to drive a car and the threat of jail time probably mean I will still do all of the driving to the races this season.

So I have to ask myself if after putting in a full day at work whether I want to drive 7 hours to attend a race. And then drive 7 hours back on a Sunday evening, until the wee hours of the morning, after a frenzied day at the races.

Am I the only one with this dilemma?
    One automobile driver
    21.72%
    Two automobile drivers
    32.13%
    Three automobile drivers
    17.65%
    Four automobile drivers
    9.05%
    More than four automobile drivers
    13.57%
    Unlimited - I'm with the Augustine Racing Team!
    5.88%
    @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
    72@E
    Former Boat Racer
    21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
    20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark-

This is an important topic and you’re certainly not alone. I would guess that there is a direct correlation between average drive times and sustainable membership growth. There’s no easy equation for growth but I’m confident that local races would go a long way.

Troy

Comment

Mark, I've been doing it this whole season.My daughter just got hers last month. I recommend lots of coffee and/or drugs. I like doping myself, lol. We are all in the same ball park Mark, the winter & summer Nationals this coming season will be no easy tass.
      Hang in there pal!
      Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Anyone else ? I personally feel this is a very important topic.
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
          Anyone else ? I personally feel this is a very important topic.
          Yeah, me too Dan. It's not easy driving 10 or 12 hours (alone) to get home after a race if you have to be at work 6:30 in the morning for a 12 hour shift. Guess I'm getting old because I've quit doing that. If I have to work the next day and I can't get home before midnight I either don't go to that race or take 12 hours of vacation the day after the race. Working the schedule that I work - shift work - days, nights, weekends, and holidays - it doesn't take long before taking vacation the day after the race is no longer an option.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

We're all in the same boat...

I've tried to get creative with driving to the far races. We've found that coming home from work on Friday and grabbing a few hours of sleep, then leaving at say midnight works well for us. This gets us some of our sleep, and it puts us on the road when there's the least amount of traffic. A buddy of mine and I would go in "tank shifts" for the 13 hour drive to Jesup last year, he'd drive one then I'd drive one, we were pretty tired on Saturday AM but slept in on Sunday. Oh the price we pay for good races out of the region! Not sure how it's all going to work out for Washington this summer...
            GL
            Future J dad!

Comment

New drivers and trailering

Having grown up driving to the races at age 15 on up. Id advise caution while letting your driver on a permit trailer. BIG rig? no chance. small trailer be very careful.
              Tanya bout rolled us over avoiding a family of raccoons on the road.
              with all the swerving and oversteer we got all of em. Ya gotta learn some how so practice in small steps and teach absolute safety while towing.

my average drive is 7 hours one way. 1/2 days FRi 1/2 Mon. My boss don't like it though.
              Steve

Comment

I voted two.

My wife REFUSES to drive the motor home! So maybe I should have voted one driver.

Comment

Steve-

Does that mean that you're actually going to let me drive this year?

Your Sis

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Johnson View Post
                    my average drive is 7 hours one way. 1/2 days FRi 1/2 Mon. My boss don't like it though.
                    Steve

7 hours is a local race for us!! If I had another driver (full time), I would probably have made an all nighter to Loch Haven. 7-8 hours I can hande, but 12 is getting too long (when cannot leave home until noon). Wife only likes the "big" races!!
                    David Weaver

Comment

Working...
                    X