No announcement yet.

Whats going on with DSH folkz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, if I can redirect/direct this more towards a few that I know (but haven't heard from) like:
    B Palmquist, S Johnson, M Wheeler, T Smith (just some that I know) and a bunch more from Michigan...
    "Why aren't you?" and/or "What would it take?" to get you guys to start running your DSH stuff again?"

Comment

Darren and Dave--- do you think we are going to have DSR... I want to bring mine up but still tight on trailer space. If you guys have a good feel we will have enough of them then I am in. If not then I will replace another boat on the trailer. As Art mentioned above, we had 9 D runabouts and 9 D hydros at our race in my home town June 20th weekend. Was pretty cool..
      Rick Miller
      34-0

Comment

Originally posted by DrRick34-0 View Post
        Darren and Dave--- do you think we are going to have DSR... I want to bring mine up but still tight on trailer space. If you guys have a good feel we will have enough of them then I am in. If not then I will replace another boat on the trailer. As Art mentioned above, we had 9 D runabouts and 9 D hydros at our race in my home town June 20th weekend. Was pretty cool..
        Rick Miller
        34-0
        I am bringing a runabout...........will run 750ccmr, 850ccmr and DSR, if there is a class............
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Well after reading these posts for a couple of weeks and biting my tongue. It's time to say it, the 44XS are disappearing just as the good old boys club wanted. If they can't beat the average guys that won occasionally they simple priced them out of being completive with new engines that are over priced and if that don't work you start modifying the new engine weld the crank, change the reeds and mill the head and don't let the 44 XS change from original fishing spec. So now the 44 owners don't want to be also ran's for the good old boys engine of choice. Hell it's even worse then that, after 2 years trying to get a new prop from a well known prop person and the prop being sent back 2 or 3 times to be tweaked the 2 new props won't run as well as 2, 12 year old props that came out of another racers junk box, yet he can supply the choice of engine drivers faster wheels with out even a tweak. This problem is not just in D class it holds true throughout Stock Outboard. The people that profit from the sport finically are running the sport. Thank the Good Old Boys

Comment

• mercguy
            mercguy commented
            Editing a comment
            wow, this comment is far from the truth...............have you actually ever inspected a 44XS, those engines have some serious blueprinted, machining into them.........you think the Tohatsu is expensive?? I can tell you what............after initially buying my Tohatsu and running the piss out of it for close to 8yrs..I can tell you it is the best investment I have made into a racing motor period!!!! I can probably guarantee I run mine harder than anyone in the country and have more time on it, then anyone!!

I would like to know who the people are that are profiting from running this sport????????????? Last I checked I lose 10's of thousands of dollars each year racing, so if it is possible to profit from this sport...........SHOW ME!!!!!!!!

PS: I have been a certified Mercury tech for close to 25yrs...............if I could have boughten a NEW 44XS when I started racing DSH, I WOULD HAVE........but we know that was not possible.............I don't care what anyone says, but new motors MUST be available in our sport................we can't keep telling new people you much buy a 20+ year old motor to go racing..............this sport is still a bargain compared to other forms of motor sports.............

• laddies
            laddies commented
            Editing a comment
            Some times the truth hurts mercguy, I have built many d engines 55s 402s and 44XS engines both my engines and boats have won national championships in DSR we run stock block 44XS engines we are not innovators like some people like to call themselves. I am retired now but was a Mercury Master Mechanic from 1980 and I repect anyone that has take the time to be Certified, we bought our 44s new about $1800. never even tore them down any farther than inspection. May be you have not been around long enough to be a member of the good old boys club but you certainly echo their thoughts. Anyone spending 10's of thousands of dollars to win a 40 dollar trophy must love the sport or be on a ego trip. Just because you have thousands of dollars to spend does not mean that you are more deserving of a trophy or the rules should be bent in your favor, parts and props should not be more accessible to you than a rookie racer. Don't try to act naïve to the fact that there are people in the sport that make pretty good pocket change from engines, props and boats, they also control who gets the best stuff. When was the last Tohatsu m50 carbureted engine built about 2000? Anyway Daren I think many times problems are harder too see when one is closer to them. Bob
            Last edited by laddies; 07-16-2015, 05:08 PM.

"..............this sport is still a bargain compared to other forms of motor sports............."

True that

Comment

To anyone interested,

Our club, TRORA, is having a race in August. See post " Buckeye Challenge ".
            I will be there with a DSH 44XS. Please come join us. I was hoping to go to Wakefield, but its not going to happen.
            I would like to meet you all someday.

Sincerely,

Doug Follett 87-P

Comment

Working...
            X