Class Reduction Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class Reduction Poll

Since there are now several Class Reduction Proposals out on Hydroracer, which do you the MEMBERS want to see imlpemented / worked on by the SORC if any?

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/sho...threadid=20415

Proposal 1 - Dean Sutherland's

Proposal 2 - Howie Nichols'

Proposal 3 - Tom Nuccio's

Proposal 4 - None, leave class structure alone
    Proposal 1 - Dean Sutherland's
    36.84%
    Proposal 2 - Howie Nichols'
    23.68%
    Proposal 3 - Tom Nuccio's
    10.53%
    Proposal 4 - None, Leave Current Class Structure Alone
    28.95%
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

This seems to have gotten buried. What are the memberships thoughts on what the SORC should do with the classes??? Please vote and give us your voice so we know which direction to pursue if any...
    444-B now 4-F

Comment

re: Tom Nuccio's proposal

CSH Yamato 102/302 440
      Yamato 102/302 9/16” Restrictor 405
      Yamato 102/302 ½” Restrictor 380

CSR Yamato 102/302 475
      Yamato 102/302 9/16” Restrictor 430
      Yamato 102/302 1/2” Restrictor 405

Is there data that supports these combinations? Seems like a parity nightmare to me. Make me understand the logic please.
      Last edited by 14J; 12-28-2010, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Other than leaving the restricted 102 & 302 out of 25SSR, I think Howies' is basically what we have now, and that's what I support. This would also be the simplest to inspect and achieve parity. Having the 20 Sidewinder in with the 15's in the one proposal and the 20 in with the C's in another seems like a bad idea to me, parity would be a joke, what would you do to create parity, choke down whatever wins this week and then choke down the winner of next? I sold all of my ASR stuff this year because I see a parity nightmare, and I wasn't going to be part of it. This Fall, I watched a Sidewinder A run second place between two of what I consider the fastest ASR's in the East, exactly where we want it to be for Sidewinder sales and the future of the class. There are people who want to see that motor choked down because when tested in private against a MID pack ASR it out performed it by 1-2 mph, well no kidding, that OMC ASR is 1-2 off the top tier OMC's as well, but isn't that where you want it to run, with the best out there? Why would someone invest in a motor that will only put them mid pack? Parity is crap, it all depends on who your paired up against. A big fish in a small pond looks like a rockstar, until you get to the big pond and your nothing. Let the 20 stay with the restricted Yamato's and leave the 15 class alone. Also, although the 25SSH is a regionally strong class, we can't just hack them out, when the motors run out of parts and the numbers really dwindle, kill it, but as long as the rigs show up week to week which they do, why turn away any possible club income? I believe that even more important than a new class structure is support of manufacturer's currently supporting us, now and in the future. Greg
        Future J dad!

Comment

Very well stated Greg. certainly nailed it on the ASR comparison. I've only heard the same thing, slow down the things so they are competitive with the mid pack. now send the SW to the machinist and find the speed that way, long term adapt the rules to suit the mods as we do with every other class.
          Leave them how they are and get factory support to seal the motors as is. lets go racing. I spent 4500 bucks on a motor that was claimed to be competitive out of the box. It is, i don't need to send it away or grind anything, why you slowing it down when it isn't faster then anything competitive? in a couple of years if someone really figures out the props or boat combination, then maybe slow it down to the top running OMC's, that is where it should remain...
          my 2 cents.
          ----
          Graham18ce
          Team Canada ThunderCat
          Facebook - www.facebook.com\fralickracing
          Twitter @FralickRacing
          Instagram @FralickRacing

Comment

I agree with Greg on the A Sidewinder. I put one on my runabout and killed everyone in R 11, then I ran against J Micheal at the divs. and struggled to keep up. Even after gaining @ 2mph.
            Dan Wilde
            58-C

"Don't let a win go to your head, or a loss to your heart." Chuck D

Comment

Dan , now that you have killed everyone in Region 11, where are
              those OMC members to race or why would they?
              Mike Zonich

Comment

What Dan is saying is there are very few ASR's in Region 11. However. His Sidewinder looked very good. JMK's OMC ASR was a lot faster at the Oroville Divisonals and Nationals. Same Sorensen design.
                I do not think the SORC should Panic and do something stupid as they have in the past. They wanted a new motor and now they have one. I just hope that they do not vote for whats in their motor box but vote for the future.
                bill b

Comment

Well said Bill. the run class in R11 is a ghost who shows up every few years then goes away. I was running against two rookies who have since stopped for other reasons. My boat is lonely and looking for someone to run against.
                  Dan Wilde
                  58-C

"Don't let a win go to your head, or a loss to your heart." Chuck D

Comment

Greg, We have Nuccio's 200mod motor, will it run with your SW?

Comment

Not sure what your getting at... I don't own a Sidewinder, thankfully I drive a rig owned by the Runnes' and Dave Bennett, nothing in the package is mine. As for your formula A, I have raced that engine in the past and it was a rocket, but it is a Mod motor and isn't legal in ASR. As far as speeds, I know what your formula runs and I know what the Sidewinder A runs, but we'll have to see what the so called parity committee whacks out of the SW to be supposedly 'even'. Kind of apples and oranges since one is stock and the other mod.
                      Future J dad!

Comment

To the top ...
                        444-B now 4-F

Comment

Working...
                        X