Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allow OMC restrictor in AX class to be resized ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Post It Somewhere Else?

[QUOTE=csh2z;166350]
    Originally posted by Tomtall View Post
    You know why we have so many parity issues? It's because we insist on trying to make a class run multiple engines due to saving old iron and saving money. That's fact. Will it change? Someday. When that day happens you will lose people. That's fact. BUT --- In the long run I do believe the sport will grow. It may take 5 years or more but a simpler format has to happen people.

Some of the best OPC racing and numbers I wittnessed first hand was in the late 70's and the 1980's. Why? because OMC had the small engine classes locked down with 45SST,60SST and the short lived 100SST. They also had some fishing engines running in Mini tunnel class. Mercury had the larger engine classes with SST120,SST140 and Champ/Formula 1. Then you had a chance to see OMC and Merc. duke it out together in Mod U. Large fields of boats at every race venue. Stepping stone classes from novice to professional with factory support from both camps. One engine manufacturer-One class. It worked. Then the factorys saw red and bailed. But the single engine/single class formate worked well.

Please post this on the other threads concerning our class structure, if you don't mind.
    Seems all the discussions have been related to figuring out what would be good, and sending TomTall's post off to lala land won't help. He started this thread!

Seems to me lowering Cross Over fee in APBA would be a good start, just as going to 365 day memberships (365 from when you join) not November 1 to October 31....

In SoCal we have two Mercs, and ten OMC's. An no Sidewinders and none on order.

Seems crazy that the OMC's don't have a real class in which they can win. If our ten A drivers ordered new Sidewinders, when would they take delivery?

Comment

• Ron,
      The only reason to post it on the other thread (Stock Outboard class reduction) is because it is relevant, offers a clear perspective and is well written.
      If you need to know the lead time for one or ten sidewinders, call them. Then you can tell us.
      John Runne
      2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

• Post The Link...

As a person who started, MOD VP, Sport C, C-NOD (CP), Mod C, UJ, 35 SS R and H, B Local (20SS Hydro) Novie (OSY 400) I will admit to loving classes.

Having said that, California's best race, in my opinion, is the Parker 300 Enduro where we run 6 divisions together. Division I gets a one hour head start...

Classes should be combined to get 12 boats on the water at a time....Six AX's and 56 A Hydros....(Sorry, you get points in one class)...Of course, a SMART point system would reward a person for beating more boats.

Something a computer could score with no trouble, but four boat races against cousins, brothers and neighbors get you 400 easy points.

ADD:

I favor ONE ENGINE ONE CLASS. Run the classes together when you don't have at least six boats in a class.

Last Add:

A class doesn't get a Nationals Championship unless say 100 boats have crossed the strating line during the calendar year before the Nationals.

Last, Last Add:

Reducing Stocks by getting rid of 36 runabout, 35 SS R and H. What did this do for Stock racing?

By dropping 36 Runabout California lost their patrol boats, their commodore, their race Chairman and chief PR man.. The backbone of SCOA was the 36 class headed by Dan Schwarzenbach. When 36 got the "BOOT" Danny dropped out of SCOA...

Comment

• Yes he is running at max height and i know his rpm's are low. Going to have motor looked at over the winter. But will a tiptop OMC still compete with a Merc. ? We all ways preach to our kids that its not about racing but who likes coming in last? You know what i mean? Don't get me wrong i will do anything for this sport i waited 25 years to get into it and my son love it more then i ever thought. Plus it has made my 65 year old father get off his ass loose wieght so he can start racing in the DMH in the spring. All I would like to see is that the omc and Mercs run a little bit closer then what they do now. I do know that set up has a lot to do with it but you can see that there is more to it then just set up. This sport needs more people in it and to know about it advertise more or whatever it takes! Most of the people i tell about it have no clue what the hell it is. But i do know there are more crazy ass guys and girls out there then the last 60 entires. But how are we to get more if we don't get the word out more. I can remember 25 years ago every class was almost full or had to run elem. we need to get back to that point but if we get rid of the omc don't you guys think its going to be just like history repeating it self just like when Yamato came into the game? Just a thought but no matter want happens I will sell my sole if i have to so Dakota and I can Race! And Thanks to everyone that made our first year GREAT

Comment

• J class

Hi Mark,

not sure if you know this but the J classes (JH, JR, AXH, AXR) are controlled by the J class committee, not the Stock Outboard Racing Commission.

Buddy Tennell, Chairman
            4000 Inman Park Lane, Buford, GA 30519-8909
            H) 770-831-1181 B) 678-966-3310 e-mail: btennell@bellsouth.net

Ernie Dawe, Vice-Chairperson
            82138 Tahquitz Ave., Indio, CA 92201-3148
            H)760-347-3287 F)760-347-4410
            e-mail: dawecraftboats@aol.com

committee
            Billy Allen Sam Hemp
            Jeff Bernard Mark Miskerik
            Bill Boyes Scott Reed
            Patrick Gleason Robin Shane

Concerns you have about J needs to be addressed to the folks on this list. Please don't make the mistake of thinking that just because you post something on HR.net, no matter how logical it is or how eleoquent you phrase it, that anything will be done about it. If you want to make a change you need to work it through your club, your region, your commission (committee). Don't wait for someone else to do it.

Bill
            Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Working...
            X