What Generation Racer Are You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd Generation and still going.

1st. Gen. My Grandfather, Louis E. Wagner on occasion was co-pilot of the Belle Isle Bearcat "the Mary Anne". We have a picture (too large to scan at home) of him in a three boat Race at the Cleveland, Ohio Great Lakes Exposition in the 1930's. My Grandmother, Helen (divorced Louie) Wolf raced C utility in Ladies chance races behind the Cleveland break wall on Lake Erie in the mid 1950's.

2nd. Gen. My Dad, Robert L. Wagner raced D utility and D Stock Hydro in the 1950's. My Mom, Sallie also raced D utility in Ladies chance races.

3rd. Gen. I raced C and D stock hydro, Super C Hydro and runabout (One Time), and 500 cc Pro Hydro from 1971-1982.
    I currently race CSR.

4th. Gen. My son Rick, (Skippy) has raced or races BMH, 20SSH, 25SSR, CSR, CSH. He has raced 25SSH for Jeff Brewster. "He really likes this class"

5th Gen. My grandson Merrick Jacob is only 3 weeks old "today." Should he choose to race boats, the year 2020 will be his first year. It is likely that he will race with the same family names that I or even my dad raced with. A new generation of racers is already in the works.

I should also add that my Dad's first cousin Lamont Munson also raced D Utility and D Stock hydro in the 1950's. He sold his D hydro to the Brewster's in 1957 or 1958.

Rick Sr.

Recently I posted a newborn picture of my Grandson on a family genealogy website. One of my distant cousins commented that with the long fingers on my Grandson, it looks like we might have an artist in the family. My cousin Dave Rish's reply to that was, "Those long fingers are for gripping a steering wheel." I hope I'm around long enough to see that happen.

Comment

35-v

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
      out of curiosity who is/was 35 V ?
      Kev:

Bob Holtz was 35-V back when I was racing ASH and 15SSH in the 80s.

Michael

BTW, I'm a First Generation with my soon-to-be 12-year old who completed his rookie season last year in JH and JR. Guess that makes him a Second Gen.
      Last edited by thepiranhabros; 11-09-2009, 09:20 AM. Reason: Additional information
      Michael J. Mackey
      Lola Boatwerks Factory Foreman
      Pavlick Race Boats Factory Driver
      Yamato Aficionado
      21-V

Comment

I guess I would be considered a first generation driver, and my father a second generation as he raced a few times after I had been racing about 4 years or so. My kids would then be 3rd generation and my granddaughter will be a 4th generation when she starts in J next year.

Comment

Family Ties

If I had to list them all it would take hours.

Susan and I are third generation.

Ashley and Colin Rucker are both 4th generation on my side as well as their dad's side of the family. (Does that make it 8? lol).

Comment

1st Gen

Wow. Lots more 1st generation drivers than I would have guessed...

Comment

I'm a first generation racer too!

I started racing in 1978 with I.R.C. we had gobs of fun!

I'm noy sure if the photo's got posted or not, but if they did, the 1st one is me and my D stock going on a plane at Grants Pass on the Rogue river, very interesting place to race, many times one ran out of river to make the turn.

The second in my at Estacada, Or. Great place to race, however Bigfoot has never made an appearance.

The third is Boardman, yup, that's a rock jetty that you might find two yards away from ya when ya exit turn one. That wreck chunked my C5 vertebra, didn't dicover it untill two years later, same place, just broke a steering pulley.

The fourth one is my first year of racing and that's Wheatland Ferry Rod Grow was just about to give me a driving lesson. He was a great guy to race with and a better friend. I made many friends racing with IRC, kinda wish it was still in existance.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X