Vintage OPC Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage OPC Racing

Do you have a vintage OPC raceboat? Are you interested in putting your vintage raceboat out on a race course? Do you remember the outboard manufatures racing each other, turn after turn, going full tilt down the straights? Does the idea get your blood flowing? Good...because there are alot of us out there as well.
    Get your efforts appreciated! Get it out there for everyone to see! Run it again!
    I'm putting together a list of people, & boats, for a coordinated effort to accomplish this!
    Please email, your name, boat, & contact information to Vintageopcracing@aol.com

NOW is the time! Let's get it done!
    Thanks!
    Zonker

Vintage Stuff

I'm working towards doing this with a couple of boats that I have. I also like the idea of running some of the older APBA class boats/motors that I'm restoring. They aren't necessarily competitive now, or may not exactly meet class rules, but I'd like to have a time/place where we could run these outfits for the pure enjoyment of it.

The C-7 is a DeSilva copy by Wade Terril that Pete Delackner ran in OPC-R and APBA-F class. The Molinari is an older F-1 boat that needs a complete restoration and a motor found/built. Still working on plans for this boat. Also have several APBA class motors 20H/C/D/650x/etc. that need to make some noise! I'm into vintage!
    Roger Hinsdale hinsdale@bellsouth.net Spring City, TN
    423-452-0428
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank You!

Hey Roger,
      You are doing well! Nice boats. Give me a call, regarding a motor for the Molinari, if you want.
      Let's hear from more of you! You wanna run your boat? You want others to see your efforts? Let's hear from you! GET the support for your project.
      NOW is the time. Step up! BE HEARD! Vintageopcracing@aol.com
      Thanks,
      Zonker

Comment

Originally posted by RogerH View Post
        I'm working towards doing this with a couple of boats that I have. I also like the idea of running some of the older APBA class boats/motors that I'm restoring. They aren't necessarily competitive now, or may not exactly meet class rules, but I'd like to have a time/place where we could run these outfits for the pure enjoyment of it.

The C-7 is a DeSilva copy by Wade Terril that Pete Delackner ran in OPC-R and APBA-F class. The Molinari is an older F-1 boat that needs a complete restoration and a motor found/built. Still working on plans for this boat. Also have several APBA class motors 20H/C/D/650x/etc. that need to make some noise! I'm into vintage!
        Roger Hinsdale hinsdale@bellsouth.net Spring City, TN
        423-452-0428

Hey Roger,

Where did you find the Molinari ? I know O'Berry not sure if he is still alive or not Rudy Foote of Southern Maryland also drove is boats man what a blast to see that rig we used to race every weekend down in Southern Maryland. You guys are going to make me go over to my buddies house and pull the Velden out of the garage
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

There you GO!

Yes Dan...DO IT!
          Go get the Velden! Get it cleaned up! Find a motor! GET OUT ON THE WATER!!! If you need help with a motor, or the boat, drop me a note. I'll be glad to help. What year Velden is it????
          THANKS! LET'S HEAR ABOUT MORE 'EM!!!
          Zonker
          Vintageopcracing@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zonker View Post
            Yes Dan...DO IT!
            Go get the Velden! Get it cleaned up! Find a motor! GET OUT ON THE WATER!!! If you need help with a motor, or the boat, drop me a note. I'll be glad to help. What year Velden is it????
            Zonker
            Vintageopcracing@aol.com
            The Velden was also one of O'Berry's old boats that was originaly driven by Rudy Foote out of Southern Maryland then purchased by Herb Gaskins also from region 4

We had tons of OPC racing here in region 4 back in the day
            HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Dan,
              Let's see if you can get the boat back on the water. Can you get the other old boats interested as well? We NEED all the old ones that may be interested in running the equipment again.
              Thanks for your support!
              Zonker
              Vintageopcracing@aol.com

Comment

Dan,
                Let's see if you can get the boat back on the water. Can you get the other old boats interested as well? We NEED all the old ones that may be interested in running the equipment again.
                Thanks for your support!
                Zonker
                Vintageopcracing@aol.com
                I think Ray Lumpkins also from region 4 had started a project over on BRF and had also contacted a few of the guys to see what was still around, let me see if I can get a hold of Ray.
                HTML Code:

Comment

Yes Dan...DO IT!
                  Zonker
                  Vintageopcracing@aol.com
                  Veldens?

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4...86largezn5.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5...87largemp9.jpg
                  Joe Horvath

Comment

#60 Molinari - O'Berry

Dan,
                    To answer your question about where I got the Molinari, it Came from Brian Pitt just below Rochester NY. A good friend is storing it in NY till I can get up there and bring it to TN. I'm in the process of building a garage here, so won't be able to get to the boat till that is done.
                    I need to call Brian and ask whet he knows about the history of the boat and O'Berry. I don't know any of the history right now. I'm certainly interested in learning as much as I can, so please contact me or post what you know about the boat and race team.
                    BTW - Brian has a nice Molinari (#48) that he ran at Clayton in 2006. We need to see if he can come to Chattahoochee in March with it.

Comment

Velden

The picture of the Velden has " THE PENALTY BOX " on the side of it. Who use to drive that boat. Ron Ackerman was close friends of the owner of that pub, That's where we hungout the last time we ran at Bahia Mar back in 1991.

Burkhardt

Comment

Foote Oberry passed away about 5 years ago after battling cancer for at least 10 yrs....Rudt is still living in so. md. the moly had a rs johnson on it during its racing years and was painted by John Hervat of Wisconsin!

Comment

#60 Molinari Info

Calvin,
                          Thanks for the update on the O'Berry's. It's hard to see but Hervat Enterprise (the painter) is at the very top of the canopy. Pete Nydal had told me the John painted the boat.

Don't want to hog this thread, but if others have some info to pass along you can eMail me at hinsdale@bellsouth.net

Thanks - Roger

Comment

Originally posted by BURKHARDT View Post
                            The picture of the Velden has " THE PENALTY BOX " on the side of it. Who use to drive that boat. Ron Ackerman was close friends of the owner of that pub, That's where we hungout the last time we ran at Bahia Mar back in 1991.

Burkhardt
                            Ron was the last driver driver of the boat, as far as I know.

Zonker

Comment

I Drove A Cougar In 1974 For Foote Oberry An Later a Scottie He Was A Nice Guy. Sorry To Hear He Passed.

Comment

Working...
                              X