What do these wingplates fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do these wingplates fit?

I have these wingplates that I thought were for a 49ci OMC, but they are not. Could they be for a 45SS, SST60 or Mod50?

Thanks!

I'm still looking for a vintage Nydahl or Merc foot throttle, SST60 trim bracket and a set of wingplate pulleys. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Jason
    Outboard Junkie

They look like SST60 steering bars.
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Thanks Howie. I know they don't fit my Stinger.

The SST45 and SST60 powerhead studs look more evenly spaced, not like these bars.

SST45
      http://www.seawaymarine.com/seaway/l...ts_sst45_1.pdf

SST60
      http://www.seawaymarine.com/seaway/l...se/SST60_2.pdf
      Jason
      Outboard Junkie

Comment

I agree with Howie. They look like non-factory SST60 steering bars. The factory ones had a large round hole mid-way up the bracket. Also, they were typically an anodized gold color.

Comment

Hole spacing is really close to 45 fishing mid based on a pic I have. I'm gonna have to find a motor to verify I guess.

Isn't the 56ci SST60 pretty close to the 49ci Stinger?
          Jason
          Outboard Junkie

Comment

SST60 plates

For comparison - This is a set of SST60 plates I sold a couple of years ago.
            Attached Files
            Tom L.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomtall View Post
              For comparison - This is a set of SST60 plates I sold a couple of years ago.
              Thanks tom....see how the holes are evenly spaced, (like the stinger bars i have).
              Jason
              Outboard Junkie

Comment

These look like they would fit the 2 cylinder 45 cu in motors. FYI the 49 and 56 cu in motors have the same stud pattern. 49 cu in bars won't fit SST60 due to 49 bars attaching to powerhead studs and SST60 attaching to bosses that are cast on the exhaust adaptor plate.

Comment

sam had a set of 56 standard bars go bad. put a set of nydal 49 right on? Dont think I modified put it was a long time ago.

Comment

You are correct that the bolt pattern is the same with the SST60 bars and 49 cu in bars. The difference is the length and angle of the bars would be a poor match. The steering cable tension would change a great deal when steering from side, and when trim was run in or out. Ideal bars puts the center of steering bar pulley in line with the motor steering pivot and tilt pivot.

Comment

yep you are correct sam, thought we were talking bolt pattern. sorry for any confusion.

Comment

45 maybe but not the sst45
                        best affiliate programs

Comment

Working...
                        X