SeaWay Marine set to unveil a new SST45 motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeaWay Marine set to unveil a new SST45 motor

According to Greg Jacobsen personal Facebook site Greg has a new line of brand new SST45 motors that he will debut at the APBA annual meeting next week along with pricing.

Via Greg Jacobsen - Facebook: The Motor will be at the APBA meeting next week. I will announce pricing then. It will be more than affordable.

http://svera.se/blogg/new-outboard-e...ss-in-the-usa/

Photos from his Facebook page are posted below.
    Attached Files
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Brand new? Is it a current production motor? 4 stroke? Curious.

Comment

The new SST45 Motor Update

Via Greg Jacobsen

Jan. 19 2013

The original SST-45 Midsection was made from a production part and had a tendency to crack in its racing enviroment. The new midsection part is much thicker at the top and bottom and where the saddle attaches. Also the Gear Case bolt housing at the back alway's broke away - this one will not.
      Attached Files
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

New SST-45

This "NEW SST-45" has been a two year project and involved a number of folks helping out along the way. Every cast part needed to have a new pattern made off the original OMC drawings (Six new patterns just for the midsection). Then from each of these patterns castings were made. Each casting of course had to be machined and with the difficult shapes of the parts required a lot of special fixtures and set-up. All other parts such as the adaptor plate, steering bars, Bushings, Pivot Shaft etc... were machined to the original OMC drawings. I also just made 25 more Gear Cases from patterns that I already had, and had all the corresponding internal parts made in the same quatities or more. A new plug and mold was made for the cowling from an SST-60 Cowling - however the indents for the large vents were filled in to lower the cost of the cowling (Thanks Mike Schubert). All the midsection parts were powder coated at the Craig Craft World Headquarters (Thanks Craig Selvidge). The first prototype will be on Display at the APBA meeting next week and pricing will be announced then but this motor in comparison to other "Race Engines" currently being produced will be a bargain. And most importantly a supply of ALL SST-45 parts will now be avaliable for any current owners for the forseeable future
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Greg Jacobsen; 01-20-2013, 03:21 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Awesome job Greg.It looks beautiful.
          Bob

Comment

stock commissioners are you hearing this great news ?????

leave the 45ss class in S.O. it may be regional but it is very important out west like 25ssh is in the midwest

Thanks Greg for stepping up for our sport its people like you who keep the sport going forward.

Carl Lewis

Comment

Greg looks good. It it the same 45 power head? I've never looked at one close enough to know.
              "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Bravo Greg, I will help promote this motor via HydroRacer TV/Live you have my support all the way.

https://www.rebelmouse.com/HydroRacerTV/
                Last edited by HRTV; 01-20-2013, 06:38 PM.
                HTML Code:

Comment

Wow

Wow!!

Comment

Very nice-looking.
                    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Excellent job Greg. Thank you and Seaway Marine again for supporting boat racing!

Comment

Just wondering would this engine be legal for d or e mod classes?
                        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by KG4 View Post
                          Should be legal in 850cc or the old Formula E class.

Comment

Originally posted by les View Post
                            Should be legal in 850cc or the old Formula E class.
                            The SST45 Power head has been run in FEH for years. We had one here in region 4 Anthony Mc put together. Anthony had one on an Apel then one of John Runne's FEH hulls. There were a few up in the North East also and one out West I believe.
                            Last edited by HRTV; 01-23-2013, 09:06 AM.
                            HTML Code:

Comment

Originally posted by KG4 View Post
                              If it is the same powerhead as the original 45SS engine, it would be a legal Formula E (aka 850) in Modified Outboard, I believe.
                              14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Working...
                              X