OPC Racing in Forest Lake, MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPC Racing in Forest Lake, MN

One last TCPBA race for 2012. It's the Ron Baker Sr. Memorial Regatta in Forest Lake, MN, September 15-16.

Mini GT (maybe), GT Pro, Sport C, VP75, SST 60, SST 120/200, F 150. Also some COR boats, and we might see a few SST 45s.

The weather forecast calls for fabulous late-summer conditions.

Hope to see you there.
    Attached Files
    Tunnelboat and V-bottom Plans for 15-35 hp, 40-60 hp, 60-80 hp

Dillon-Racing.com also on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter

Why don't you guys put any kneel down boats on the sanction anymore?

Joe Franck G-66

Comment

Best guess: You guys stopped coming....

Comment

Shame TCPBA and TORC are so far apart, distance preventing from getting together at each others venues to share costs, use same course for multiple hull types.

In 2010 TORC Exec took a bold move welcoming T750/850 and SLT/Thundercat as demo classes, to put on 3-4 boat demo races at end of day. Each race through the season brought out more interested participants/spectators.
        Since, TORC has had 2 successful years of running Hydro/Runabout classes with T750/850/SLT using same oval course.
        In 2012 we had 10-14 active T racers, a minimum of 8 at any race, with another 5-6 lake racer guys fitting their boats to race spec(eg: kill switches, center steer, safety gear). At our last race we a 13th boat short of elims.

To our pleasant surprise, what TORC didn't anticipate was a multiplier effect; T racers getting into Hydro, & vice versa. When T guys were in turnboats flagging hydro's they were thrilled with deck to deck competitive strategic racing.
        For 2013, we have 4-5 T, & 2 Drag racers committed to acquire Hydro's(20SSH/CSH), and 2-3 Hydro racers acquiring T850's; I'm in the latter group.

Today, a multi-class racers biggest challenge is to get both Hydro multi-bunk AND T trailer to same race. Working to design a T trailer with hydro bunk frame above.

This multi-hull vision has been a tremendous success for TORC.
        TORC/CBF membership is up, race day entries are up, safety/turn boat & site prep/teardown volunteers are up, race venue sponsorship is up, interest from towns to host races is up, newbie youth racers is up, club equipment acquisiton(ie: digital start clock) is up, participating racers from US is up,...get it?

If SO clubs want to survive next 5-10 years and generation, they need to demonstrate vision, look beyond us vs them mentality, have courage(or foolishness) to try someting new/different. MHRA is to be praised for their multiple initiatives(ie: racer school), another example of pro-actively taking ownership of your future, than complaining what APBA will/not do for you.

My son successfully races 20SSH/OSY, will be racing T850 as well next year in new Critch(white): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaYLot_1XBY&feature=plcp

So which of you guys (& others) will pick up the phone, call the other, see if you can get something going?

Cheers!

PS: apologies for jacking the thread w my propaganda
        Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

Maybe Next season.....

Originally posted by Chairman View Post
          Best guess: You guys stopped coming....

Maybe next season we could make a race or two. Two or Three classes between what you guys have on the schedule like we did in the past? Do you think there would be any interest from your club?

Joe Franck G 66

Comment

I sent an email to our commodore (Dean Hansen) and board members, along with a link to this thread. Hopefully they will bring it up at future meetings. (I'm 200 miles north of the Twin Cities and don't often attend.)

Comment

I would welcome it! This past year we have been trying to not have as many 3 boat classes...but if we could get 5-6 to show we could definitely add them to sanctions. Our Scorers would need to know this ahead of time to take the correct scoring tests for the season. -Jeff Larson

Comment

Where do I find rules for the T750 and T850 classes? Can you email me a copy? lund9995@comcast.net

Comment

Working...
                X