D mod hydro and merc 44xs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D mod hydro and merc 44xs

D mod hydro built winter of 2009, never raced, beautiful boat, built by a pro. Merc 44XS. lower unit is fresh from rebuild. Total time on engine since overhaul is 5.5 hours. I will split boat and motor, prefer to sell as a package. The rig is located in Michigan. If interested I will supply phone # and e-mail address and pictures. Mick
    Last edited by hydro alaska; 11-06-2009, 06:30 PM. Reason: incorrect info

5.5 hours would equal about 60 heats of racing, wouldn't it?

Comment

5.5 hours is 60 heats of racing, but more info suggests the running time is actually much less. 1.9 hours registered on a Tiny Tach, bumping each part of 6 minutes as a whole tenth of an hour, plus a few actual heats of racing.

Alaska is moving up to 850 and doesn't need extra equipment

Comment

hydro alaska........... you have a pm.

Comment

DSH and 44 Merc

Originally posted by hydro alaska View Post
          D mod hydro built winter of 2009, never raced, beautiful boat, built by a pro. Merc 44XS, overhauled by Jerry Wienandt, also lower unit is fresh from rebuild. Total time on engine since overhaul is 5.5 hours. I will split boat and motor, prefer to sell as a package. The rig is located in Michigan. If interested I will supply phone # and e-mail address and pictures. Mick
          Your profile states ....

"Mark Wheeler and his brother did the rebuild. Engine has one day of testing and 2 race weekends on it ... THATS IT!"

So what gives with the "never raced" in the post?.

Regardless that is low time on the equipment
          "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
          No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

44xs

And I did not re-build this motor.

This stuff has to stop, people claiming stuff just to enhance the price / value... claiming so and so built it, when its not true. Misleading and unethical.

Reminds me of when the late, great Denny Hulme attended a vintage Can-Am race, he commented after, something along the line of 'all 27 of the the original 14 Can-Am McLarens were there.'

Jerry Wienandt
            Trident Racing

Comment

I've sold two complete 44XS engines. Both were assembled by my brother and I.

Mark Wheeler
              Last edited by Mark.Wheeler; 11-06-2009, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Correction

Jerry, you are right you did not rebuild this motor. I was corrected this AM by Mark Wheeler. He and His brother did the motor. Your name has been mentioned by many people since I have returned to the sport after being out for over 40 years, I'm just learning who the players are. I'm sure Mark stated what the facts were but I got them wrong because Mark had mentioned his close working relationship with you, and I thought you had something to do with the overhaul process. You and I talked this summer. Mick

Comment

I had purchased one of the 44xs' from Mark. Was a great motor! Both he and Jerry were a wealth of knowledge. Unfortunately I had to sell and get out of racing due to medical reasons.

I sold my engine to a guy on the east coast. NH or VA area I think.

Is this the same engine HYDRO ALASKA?
                  Randy Rapedius

Comment

Who's on first

I bought this motor from Mark Wheeler in 12-08. I assume he had it a while.

Comment

now that we have all agreed on the fact that mark wheeler overhauled hydro alaska's 44, and not trident" apparently a legend in his own mind", the simple fact remains that the 44 is a perfectly running mercury that has mark wheelers time plus 2 hours of additional running time including warm up and testing. I can assure you all ,that the motor has not been misrepresented in any way ,and is in perfect working condition. Both the motor and boat , including construction of the hull, can be viewed at markmcisaacinc.com.in the photo gallery under D-modified hydro. I built the boat to Sam Hemp specs ,With one exception, I bonded haul together with 3m5200 to extend longevity of the hull life, as epoxy fractures over time. The 4mm bottom,and 3mm 1088 deck have been tacked with silicon bronze fasteners as well and bedded in 3m5200. Overall weight should be comparable to other D-mod hulls.........markmcisaacinc.com
                      Last edited by markie; 11-06-2009, 06:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

A Legend

I have purchased some great restored KA7A carbs done by Jerry and in my mind he is a legend.
                        David Van Weele

Comment

Originally posted by A/B Speedliner View Post
                          I have purchased some great restored KA7A carbs done by Jerry and in my mind he is a legend.
                          David Van Weele
                          David,

I'm in complete agreement with your statement about Jerry.

Mark

Comment

The other 44 xs

I think the motor was purchased by Bob Harity of Ct. Its in my shop now. Shawn

Comment

Greetings,

Did you sell this package? I never saw a conclusion in the thread. I am in the market for a DSH package...thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X