1954 Swift Atomic A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 Swift Atomic A

My dad used to race some years back and his favorite hydro was a 1954 Swift Atomic A. I have been trying to find plans for one of the boats or some form of dimensions so I can build him a scale model for his office, but I have not been able to locate anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Ted Dendinger

Swift A contact

Read this link and note 'ezryder' has swifts A's in his collection. Contact him for the dims. I assume he is still with us?

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...oe-Swift/page2
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

George Taylor

He is still with us but not sure here on Hydroracer. He purchased some parts from me a couple of weeks ago.

David

Comment

Swift

David

Could you pass the contact info to Ted?

Pete
        Last edited by ZUL8TR; 03-13-2014, 10:49 AM. Reason: corrected name
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Atomic A

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
          David

Could you pass the contact info to George?

Pete
          George has an original A-B Swift that he purchased from Joe Welch. I have communicated with Ted Dendinger & recently was a guest of his parents in LA. Joe Welch has 2 Atomic A's one totally restored by Tom Cronk the other the Cat's Meow he purchased from an AOMCI member, George something can't recall his last name. I asked Tom at the recent Lakeland race if he had taken any measurements of the one he restored & he didn't.

Comment

Hydro Dimensions

Anyone have any dimensions on the Swift D/E/F HYDRO it was my first and would be neat to build a copy.
            Thanks
            Tim Lee

Comment

Swift Atomic A

I believe the Swift Atomic A came out in 1957/8. I owned a new
              one which was obtained from Swift. Front cowl ran from steering wheel board to front and was made of wood. I believe bottom was 30" wide but don't remember much more. Came with center bottom fin and aluminum air traps. Most folks I knew of made their own traps to fit from wood. Problem we had was after first year where the front cowl joined the wooden decking it cracked. Sleek looking boat but we traded ours in for a new Sid Bull Dog in 1959.

Sincerely,
              Don Graham

Comment

Working...
              X