Very Unusual by Eliminator or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Unusual by Eliminator or?

Anyone ever see this cavitation plate hardware before? It's totally hidden inside the cav rod pillow blocks (the double one). Thanks to my team captain Ror, good pictures considering the light! The forward and back motion of the down pedal is redirected to an up and down by the bell crank bolted to the stringer! Check it out...

The lock handle is Finishline so maybe George of former cav hardware fame might see this and respond. Anyone?
    http://www.performanceboats.com/html...t=76879&page=2

here

let me drag them over:

Comment

more

outside view:

Comment

another

Comment

another

Here is the actuating lever going thru the transom and packed with silicone! Usually the cav bar is above the water line so it makes you think if this design had flaws when there are NO automatic drains, just plugs....could be why the carpet was mounted flush with the top of the stringers on a false floor, to keep from a soaking...
          I got the new steering shaft mocked in and will need to have another key groove machined in the right place. Thanks to George N. I have all the cable steering from E66R and a much longer rudder than what came with it.

Possibly this weird hardware and that aluminum bridge girder looking piece may help identify a possible former owner who can tell me its history. What we know is it had some big horsepower at one time. thanks Ror

Comment

Cav system

Low salts boat has same gear
            Dave over and out!!

Comment

Yup, cool stuff.

No steering cables either. Sprint car box with a Looong Rod.

Comment

eliminator hardware

My cav plate hardware is different, not as fancy. Posting some pictures of it & floors being stripped & one of that mysterious cherry picker thing.
                Attached Files

Comment

Go Girl Go

Wow I'm gonna have to come back out and talk about next step,battery box and rudder need to come out, hardware off plate so it all an get cleaned up.
                  Dave over and out!!

Comment

mine fancy, no, maybe weak.

Our racing lavey had the very same hardware, the important thing is it moves and not fixed. Looks like you have a great start. Steering is questionable but has been run in the SK class and should pass for ski boat IF there is no play (usually the problem with this style). Your rudder switch sounds good! What I see is extra bulkheads and extra braces. Thats good though. Floor obviously needs some love, remember that top coat is purely cosmetic and seals the wood against the elements. Keep at it, it may be a 69.

Comment

Originally posted by lowsodium View Post
                      Yup, cool stuff.

No steering cables either. Sprint car box with a Looong Rod.
                      I'm envious, my steering sucks.

Comment

Yes we are movin right along and the shop is full of dust from Greg sanding the outside of the hull. Working on 2 boats at the same time is interesting...come out anytime, we can use all the help & knowledge we can get! I am looking at putting the v-drive we got with the Eliminator into the Rayson......

Comment

Cool

Greg must have found way more energy than I. 4Loco? Love the snow? Looks like you got her home just in time! I wont be venturing out with current weather. Have a Happy one! John Waynes favorite Noun; Pilgrim!

Comment

Cav Plate

Boyd, the one in this boat looks a little different but same engineering. Stop by if your going to Dave's, it's on the way. The old Randolph Speed Marine shop. Would like to meet you, and ALWAYS willing to talk (listen) about these boats.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Mocked up steering.

Do you have a picture of the bottom of your boat where the rudder goes thru. I have a single seal stuffing box inside the boat and thought there should be some kind of plate on the bottom of the boat between it and the rudder but dont have anything here.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X