This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia Flatbottom Forum

This forum is for a really special bunch of people who race Nostalgia Flatbottoms. Their boats are beautiful and their hearts are warm. The "outlaws" are a special breed I love these boats for starters they have seats. We enjoy racing with them in AOF in Washington and Idaho and hopefully soon in Montana.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

You guys can take it from here!

Comment

Well, I like the warm heart thing but could it be warn heart? I really dont know which. The bottom two are from 2008 where our bunch took on the California guys who used our class example to replace GN3 with Nostalgia. APBA was phasing out the GN3 and GN2 classes due to low boat counts so Nostalgia down South was born!
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice post Mrs Jerk

Comment

Thanks

Penny, but this isnt the Mrs. No surprise to a few hydrofolks but my wife, who used to race flats is just plain worn out when it comes to posting or promoting our class. It could have something to do with the fact she doesnt race anymore, I'll post in a separate place here on flats. Here I am seen with my new crew chief, Marc who has replaced Robin. I am still wearing the shirts I made for her that say, 'Why follow when you can lead' and of course her signature 'tweety Bird' . I took over her posting name when she retired from racing. More later
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the update, you both look a little tired.

Comment

Photos Idaho Regatta

Burley, the Indianapolis for boat racing (inboard) A must go someday!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Penny1 View Post
                Thanks for the update, you both look a little tired.

No, just do dang happy to be in Burley and registered to be IN the race!

Comment

More to the sticky

Three days of racing, tailgate partys, food, drink, famous people....etc
                  Attached Files

Comment

More of the same

Here: Yellow boat from Maryland! And, there are mishaps when running around an Island on a River! And how many can say their boat was sitting next to the worlds fastest K boat 148mph, which just crashed at Kilos! Check the K23, next to it is our #50 and our SK87 red one.
                    Attached Files

Comment

What Are The Speed Rules?

Are keeping the courses short or are you carrying a GPS?

Comment

Love the K boats.They are just plain nasty
                        Bob

Comment

Jerk, l like the pic of the yellow boats nose with nostalgia emblem on it. Did you sell the wife's boat (red & white one)?

Comment

Penny 1 - I think that I read in another post under Nostalgia Flats that the Jerk family did indeed sell the red and white boat.

I heard it suggested that Jerk was going to retire, I hope that isn't right because it wouldn't be the same without Boyd and Robin at the races. His new crew chief (see picture of Boyd and Ben under another thread) might miss him too!

Comment

Update

Yes, we use short courses to limit speed AND GPS when applicable Mr. Hill.
                              Burley is APBA sanction so we meet those from the South running GPS as a rule. As yet, we arent under the same restriction, however, it saves engines and the racing is even more exciting for both drivers and spectators. If anyone thinks that 80 thru a turn is wussy, they are vastly mistaken! Or, one could say IGNORANT!

The red and white boat is going South to Northern California to start another Nostalgia bunch. Third group that I know of. So, MOther Lavey sprouts another off spring child. Good for outboards and inboards.

AS far as retirement, I still have my racing seat and safety gear which I might loan out if the yellow boat isnt finished in time. Nostalgia-Vintage K class is what it ran last, we'll see if theres any interest or funds. We have four other REAL K boats hovering in the area...........and havent run AOF or APBA. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X